S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Greddy E-manage Ultimate

Old 12-16-2012, 03:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy E-manage Ultimate

I've spent the last the hour searching through countless threads about the Greddy E-manage but couldn't find the answer I was looking for.

Engine wise, my car is pretty much stock AP1. I have a K&N filter with a gutted oem box and snorkel. Headers & Exhaust are running stock now.

I used to run the apexi neo VAFC, and when i removed it to sell, i felt a lost of midrange power/torque obviously at WOT..

So driving the car is now not a pleasurable and I want to get this feeling back.

So the aim is to get an e-manage ultimate (cheap $400) and get a tune to build midrange power/torque. I'm not chasing numbers, just improved drivability around 3000-7000 rpm mark.

Would the e-manage be capable of doing this? I have considered Haltech, AEM and yes they are superior products, but I have barely modded the car and unless the e-manage can't do what I'm after, the bang for buck isn't there.

Thoughts?

cheers
Old 12-16-2012, 04:41 AM

I had a Giles tuned one and i have to say i was very happy with it. IMO it made a day night difference in terms of drivability, mid-range, throttle response and smoothness of the revs and vtec. Although i had a giles tuned one im sure a competent tuner can provide the same results. Bottom line is with an emanage it can be done, just needs someone that can do it. People say the emanage is the closest thing you can get to a stand alone, plus it does come with the greddy turbo kit, so im sure it should be enough for an n/a application. I also had the VAFC before and swapping to the emanage was definitely worth it.
Old 12-16-2012, 06:17 AM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

OP what are you're future plans?
Old 12-16-2012, 07:02 AM

Cool.

Keep it the same. Ive played with exhausts etc... but i think im getting too old for loud stuff.

I may go for a greddy turbo kit (simple bolt on) with reasonable gains and less hassle of having to need to fix this and that. But thats no definite.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-16-2012, 07:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ncmx5
Would the e-manage be capable of doing this? I have considered Haltech, AEM and yes they are superior products, but I have barely modded the car and unless the e-manage can't do what I'm after, the bang for buck isn't there.

Thoughts?

cheers
go with whatever your tuner recommends. no sense in getting any of those systems if your tuner isn't familiar with the software. you're in australia, so i'm sure there are lots of tuners over there familiar with haltech.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

Yep, in my experience the Emanage works great for what your after. I use one currently on my SC set up. Evans does remote tunes I believe as well, so that should help with tuning availability and location. There is an initial set up that needs to be done though with the dip switches inside the unit, and a couple wires on the pnp harness need to be relocated if these things have not already been done with a used unit. If it is used, chances are good that it has, but you want to verify, and sure you can do so with reference to some threads on s2ki.
Old 06-19-2014, 06:19 PM

S-2000 2000

Purchased used a e-manage and Greedy turbo kit and starting the install.
Do I need the Cd or can just load the software from Greedy site?
Is a base map available to get things started is this maintained in the E-manage rom and can be loaded?
Any help would be greatly appreciated, having a hard time to find a tuner in the Tampa area, once we get it running we want to tune it.
Old 06-21-2014, 09:04 AM

Received 452 Likes on 379 Posts

You can get the latest software from their website http://www.trust-power.com/overseas/topics.html?id=4
Not sure about the base map but it should probably be loaded in the greddy unit.
Connect your laptop and if there is a map installed you can download it from the unit.
Old 06-22-2014, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by flanders
You can get the latest software from their website http://www.trust-power.com/overseas/topics.html?id=4
Not sure about the base map but it should probably be loaded in the greddy unit.
Connect your laptop and if there is a map installed you can download it from the unit.
Can we hook 12v to the unit and look at the software and get the feel of it before it is installed?
Old 06-22-2014, 09:58 PM

Received 452 Likes on 379 Posts

You can run the software without the ecu connected, but to check the map installed you can power it up outside the car if you like.
Think it's the middle 18 pin connector, pin 25 for +12V and pin 24 for ground.
Use a fused power feed just in case you mess up the connection, shouldn't need more than a couple of amps.

Quick Reply: Greddy E-manage Ultimate