S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

BOV Install ?

Old 11-27-2012 | 03:13 PM

Default BOV Install ?

I want to install a new tial. Those of you that are familiar with the CT AC, it has a line that runs from the ac to the stock diverter valve. I want to mount it on the AC side. I would really like to not weld, just in case I want to go back to the diverter. I saw one set up that used a silicone 90 reducer (Team Valor Racing), but unfortunately the pipe coming out of the AC is 1" and the bov is 2"...cant find a reducer anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-27-2012 | 03:56 PM

Siliconeintakes.com should have an appropriate 90 degree reducer for your needs. I am currently in the process of modeling an aluminum adapter plate/flange for this specific purpose (Tial Q to CT aftercooler). I plan on manually machining the prototype followed by CNC cutting a few pre-production pieces given that the prototype comes out OK. If you are still looking for an adapter when I have these pieces jn-hand, I will hit you up.
Old 11-27-2012 | 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Siliconeintakes.com should have an appropriate 90 degree reducer for your needs. I am currently in the process of modeling an aluminum adapter plate/flange for this specific purpose (Tial Q to CT aftercooler). I plan on manually machining the prototype followed by CNC cutting a few pre-production pieces given that the prototype comes out OK. If you are still looking for an adapter when I have these pieces jn-hand, I will hit you up.
Thanks, but they don't make one that small...already checked. AND, yes I would be very interested. Guessing that it will just bolt on to the AC?
Old 11-27-2012 | 04:28 PM

I noticed that they didn't have that small of a bending reducer right after I posted that. I guess you could get a straight reducer (they do have 2"-1" in straight) then use a short 2" metal stub to connect a 2" 90 degree bend. A little round-about but would still get the job done.

Yes, you will unbolt the stub plate that is already there and replace it with a new adapter plate.

FYI - The hole in the aftercooler is 1.5" in diameter. I'm not sure why CT decided to put a 1" diameter stub on a 1.5" hole in the aftercooler. I see this as restrictive, though I know that people are operating just fine using this stub (and even using the supplied Bosch BPV). I am designing my adapter to have a minimum 1.5" ID to mate with the hole in the aftercooler... I have no clue how this will truly affect flow through the BOV port, but I can only assume it will increase air flow and reduce the time required to effectively vent the pressure from within the AC.

You may have a larger size BOV, but in the end you are still forcing the system to vent pressure through that small 1" diameter stub. I'm excited to move forward and see what the results will be!
Old 11-27-2012 | 05:07 PM

Yeah, I knew the hole was larger, I had the stub off...was figuring they reduced the size since it was not really meant for a lot of boost and with my conversations with CT Engineering, they have no plans for making a bov mount. Your plan sounds solid and I would like to see the finished product. Guessing since you have access to a cnc you are in a shop?
Old 11-27-2012 | 05:29 PM

I work as an applications engineer for a distributor of CNC equipment, so our shop floor is full of CNC mills and lathes. We also have a full tool room with more manual machining units. I took measurements last night on the CT stub flange and Tial flange and just modeled both up as a start.

Old 11-27-2012 | 06:07 PM

OK, that is just freakin awesome! That is what you call access! Keep me updated...will certainly want one.
Old 11-27-2012 | 06:22 PM

This is my starting point... we will see how the prototype turns out hopefully later this week.

Old 11-28-2012 | 01:43 PM

I've already made this, it works great. Just different process.

38mm hole tapers to 50mm. I was going to bore the CTSC AC to 50mm but decided against it.

You can only get a clean weld on the inside. You also need to install the bolts before welding/manufacturing.

I can take a photo of it on the car tomorrow if needed to show you clearance behind the rad?

Let me know
Old 11-28-2012 | 01:59 PM
Community Organizer

pretty good welds you use a square wave?

Quick Reply: BOV Install ?