Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II

Old 06-06-2013, 08:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

there
we
go

best of all these suspension parts came from an ultimate touge hero!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:39 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

They're beautiful ... great pickup
Old 06-07-2013, 07:01 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Lovely!
Old 06-07-2013, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking real good man cant wait to see the coils on the car and see how low it goes!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:37 AM

Received 98 Likes on 73 Posts

Went out to do some driving during the day for once and ended up driving Tunitas Creek road for the first time since getting my S2000.

It is easily one of the tightest and twistiest roads in the area but you are rewarded with a large open area to perform victory donuts at the end. And you also get this view...

Old 06-09-2013, 09:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Absolutely love that road, not to mention Kings which is the ugly-step-half-sister!
Old 06-12-2013, 12:36 AM

Coming back from San Francisco again and I felt like a blast through the new tunnel on Hwy 1.

This means I got to do Tunitas Creek uphill, which means glorious 2nd geer hairpins with full visibility that you don't even need to brake for in the S2000 because of how they are linked together. Just accelerate towards them, lift throttle, toss car, apply throttle, slide out of the exit, and repeat 100 times or so.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:11 PM

20130627 Girodisc 2-piece floating rotors and Project µ Club Racer pads installed:

Rotor'd and Padded up right in time thanks to last minute help from my friend Joey this afternoon all ready for Thunderhill tomorrow.

And of course I had to take the car for a shakedown afterward to bed-in the new pads and rotors and get a feel for the sexy sexy initial bite that the Project µ Club Racer has to offer.

Mighty fine looking dark grey/blue transfer layer.

After a short night building up a nice transfer layer on the new rotors with the new pads. I have to say so far so good. The main thing I was looking for tonight was any difference in noise from the rotors, but it seems the retaining springs do their job well after about 3 bed-in cycles and some test runs to get a feel for the new pads. Thunderhill results on all stock S2000 with Club Racer pads coming soon! Initial impressions are very strong! Everything I love about the HC+800 is made even crisper and sharper with the Club Racer.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:15 PM

Thunder Thunder Thunderheat!

Here are the few photos I took from the day. I was planning on skipping a session and taking some photos but I realized I had the puncture and had to deal with that. All around a great day even though I had some crappy stuff happen at the end and the relentless heat.

Project µ Club Racers + Girodisc 2-piece rotors = Zero brake dust after 4 sessions And I brake like a hooligan. Completely happy with my brakes as is now.

Oh my glob a R32 GT-R in the states at Thunderhill! Gimme!

Oh my right rear dropped 10 psi after my 6th (and final) session. I wonder why that happened?

oh...

These rotors are the truth! Absolutely zero fade and solid feel all day long with Girodisc rotors, Project µ CR, and Project µ brake fluid. I plan on adding stainless lines and front ducting to help get even better feel and longer life, but extremely happy with my brakes today.

This is what happens when you leave a lap timer suction cupped to your windshield all day and take it off. I thought I removed it pretty carefully, but right when the vacuum seal was broken. CRACK. Since I recently had this windshield replaced I may be able to get it replaced again for free. Fingers crossed. Anyone have an idea why this happened? I removed the suction cup pretty slowly, but I did leave it on all day long, but my car was always parked in the shade when not on the track. Maybe I should remove it after each session when it is super hot like that?

I feel very lucky to get some help from the local tire shop in Willows, guy came back to his shop after he closed it just to help me, and wanted to charge his normal rate for a patch (I gave him double).

Video of my fastest laps and other proper shenanigans:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpNoQQVepSE&hd=1

June 28th, 2013
Track name: Thunderhill
Track configuration: ccw w/bypass
Track location: Willows, CA
Lap time: 2:12.058 Qstarz LT6000 was the timing device (transponder matched the time)
Estimated total vehicle weight with driver: 2950 lbs (w/ driver)
Tire size and model: 225/45/17 F 255/40/17 R Bridgestone RE-11A on OEM AP2 wheels
Estimated ambient temperature: 104+F
Notes: Very difficult to get more than 2 quick laps with the heat. 2:10 is definitely possible with this car.
Mods: OEM 06 AP2 alignment F: -0.5 R: -1.5 camber. All stock except Project µ Club Racer brake pads, Project µ brake fluid, Girodisc OEM sized brake rotors in front.

Track day hosted by CityTech Autobody, who organized a great time attack event with free transponders. I was able to place 4th in the S2000 cup with my time against other modified S2000s. By far the fastest stock S2000 of the day!
Old 07-02-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nicely done sir.

Quick Reply: o_O S2000 | Mk I — Stage II