Pacific Northwest S2000 Owners For S2000 Owners in Washington, Idaho, and Alaska

Last Minute Drive to La Conner

Old 10-05-2012, 01:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Last Minute Drive to La Conner

THIS IS HAPPENING SEE YOU AT MILL CREEK TOWN CENTER SBUX 9 AM. Leaving at 9:15.

Not many more chances to do this before it gets too COLD!

Fun route with a good bit of scenery and twisties. We will be taking back roads around Lake Stevens and Granite Falls, probably slabbing it back on I-5.

ROLL CALL
urBan_dK + 1
s2000junky (needs ride)
himike
blacknwhite
powdertrax
mzk784
nandrosa

ITINERARY
9 AM: Meet at Mill Creek Town Center Starbucks
10 AMISH: Meet Chris and Roger at SBUX in Lake Stevens
Drive: ROUTE
1-2 PM: Lunch in La Conner, part ways afterward or cruise I-5 back together

We will probably grab lunch somewhere in La Conner, possibly stop at a few scenic points, and drive at a sane but spirited pace.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:33 PM

Sounds like fun! I'd be down for this!
Old 10-05-2012, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by himike

Sounds like fun! I'd be down for this!
Awesome! Let's hope for a few more drivers
Old 10-05-2012, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should be down for a cruise before my car goes into the body shop
Old 10-05-2012, 02:34 PM

Sweet. We will plan on Meeting at the Mill Creek Town Center Starbucks at 9 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:40 PM

hey Brad thanks for the text and post, just the other day I was thinking about the lack of drives we've had during the longest stretch of sunny weather in Wa. history.

Do you have a route in mind ? I know north Snohomish/south Skagit counties pretty good. If you want I would gladly lead the route we took earlier in the year with Batebait, you, Junky and I.

The route would be Lake Stevens to Granite, Jordon rd (stop at the Swinging bridge), north on hwy 9 to the lake Cavanagh turn off, back to hwy 9, north to Big lake, from Big lake to the Little Mtn look out (we stopped there last time), west to LaConnor for lunch, then either south on I-5 home or south towards Stanwood, thru Silvana, east towards Kayak point and then south to Marysville then hit I-5.

Let me know what you think ? or if you have a route in mind, I'm easy. If this sounds good to you, you guys could still meet in Mill Creek at 9 a.m., then head to Lake Stevens Sports Authority to meet myself, maybe blanknwhite and if Junky wants to ride with me or ? at 9:45-10 a.m. then we can head to Granite shortly after you show.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:42 PM

P.S. let me text BBYBYHSKBEB ? whatever Jason's screen name is, if he's interested.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by powdertrax
hey Brad thanks for the text and post, just the other day I was thinking about the lack of drives we've had during the longest stretch of sunny weather in Wa. history.

Do you have a route in mind ? I know north Snohomish/south Skagit counties pretty good. If you want I would gladly lead the route we took earlier in the year with Batebait, you, Junky and I.

The route would be Lake Stevens to Granite, Jordon rd (stop at the Swinging bridge), north on hwy 9 to the lake Cavanagh turn off, back to hwy 9, north to Big lake, from Big lake to the Little Mtn look out (we stopped there last time), west to LaConnor for lunch, then either south on I-5 home or south towards Stanwood, thru Silvana, east towards Kayak point and then south to Marysville then hit I-5.

Let me know what you think ? or if you have a route in mind, I'm easy. If this sounds good to you, you guys could still meet in Mill Creek at 9 a.m., then head to Lake Stevens Sports Authority to meet myself, maybe blanknwhite and if Junky wants to ride with me or ? at 9:45-10 a.m. then we can head to Granite shortly after you show.
Yeah we can meet you guys up there. Look at the first post for a map. I'm totally happy if you want to lead portions of the drive or make some suggestions, I just posted what I thought was the route we took last time but I could have it wrong.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by powdertrax
P.S. let me text BBYBYHSKBEB ? whatever Jason's screen name is, if he's interested.
Yeah I don't have his digits so for sure!
Old 10-05-2012, 05:20 PM

No dude, that section of road from hwy 530 to lake Cavanagh is gravel, I was going to take my Element up that pass this summer, some friends of ours have a "cabin" (4800 sqft "cabin") on Cavanagh

Quick Reply: Last Minute Drive to La Conner