S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Help! 06+ Flashpro base tune and CEL

Old 05-13-2012, 07:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help! 06+ Flashpro base tune and CEL

Hey guys please help! I'm a noob at this...

I have a MY07 and it has a base map flash done since my engine is stock (ran with this for about 600 miles for far).
Yesterday as I was driving around, I got a CEL

Drove it home and got my scanner out to read the code... it registered: P2A00 (We all know what this is... A/F raito, primary o2 sensor)

I checked the TSB and my car doesn't fall in the VIN number for this faulty sensor... so I decided to clear the code.

I decided to reflash my ecu again with the same flashpro base map... and just did a idle log of my car (attachment).

And idle seems ok for few seconds, and all of a sudden my A/F spikes really bad and goes as high as 18.13 that is SUPER lean right?!
and then it goes back down, and levels itself... I'm guessing precaution measure to adjust the lean-ness.

I'm pretty sure my primary o2 sensor is gone (I know I shouldn't have cleared the code so quick )

Now my questions:

1. Did I damage anything while I drove with the code and after I cleared the code? Drove about 30-40 miles and drove 75% WOT...
2. Should I check my plugs, valves, oil, or anything else?
3. Is it OK to drive few more miles to a shop?
4. Could it be something else besides my o2 sensor?

Please don't flame me for doing this or that... I would appreciate good advice/help from experienced members here.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-13-2012, 08:22 PM

Want to clarify few things:

The data log above is AFTER I cleared my code with no CEL... but it seems flashpro manager picked up on the "history" of the code?

So far, after driving 15 miles after this log.. and few engine turn on/off.. no CEL coming on.

Reading through a dozen or so threads (this being the most helpful FlashPro O2 Sensor I'm still wondering about the damage I could have caused on my car...

And if CEL has not come on since my "stock equivalent" flash... does this mean I'm in the clear.. for now? If CEL comes on I'll go back to "stock" flash just to see if this will clear the CEL.

My car only has 14k miles on it... sighhh
Old 05-13-2012, 08:25 PM

same data log but this reading is when I highlight the area where the peaking A/F ratio is... eeekkkkkkk

please help!!
Old 05-14-2012, 07:49 AM

I had the same problem on my 06. I never could get rid of it by doing anything with the FlashPro, including flashing back to stock. I ended up having to replace the sensor with an updated OEM unit, which I got from Majestic Honda. Haven't had a problem since.
Old 05-14-2012, 07:58 AM

any problems driving the car with the CEL on? or any issues found in other parts like plugs, oil dirty, exhaust valves etc...?
Old 05-14-2012, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check the code and search. Most likely your primary.. very common problem with 06+ flashpro users
Old 05-15-2012, 07:38 AM

any problems driving the car with the CEL on? or any issues found in other parts like plugs, oil dirty, exhaust valves etc...?
No. It drove fine with no problems.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

if you tried "return ECU to stock" option and it didn;t help - i don't see how you get out of it whithout getting new sensor
Old 05-15-2012, 02:27 PM

well I reflashed to "Stock Equivalent" and nothing came on after 30-40 miles of driving...

should I keep driving it around and see if it pops up again? and then get my sensor replaced?

my main concern is that the driving it around with o2 sensor being bad AND reflashing it would/did damage to my engine.

what do you think?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:31 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i think as long as you don;t have CEL it;s OK.
driving with main o2 sensor caused CEL is not healthy IMO.

but you got Flashpro not for use it with stock tune - i say just get a new sensor and enjoy the Flashpro and updated tunes.

p.s. i also bought a new sensor because my tuner said that it's way too slow.

Quick Reply: Help! 06+ Flashpro base tune and CEL