S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

(VSA) and (!) light stuck on

Old 03-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default (VSA) and (!) light stuck on

I was driving on the highway on my lunch break with VSA turned off. Then the (VSA) light came on and now both lights are stuck. I turned the car off at a stop light and it went away, but it came back on after a few minutes. Now it's always on when I start the car. There are no other lights on (I'd heard if your brake light was also on that you most likely have low fluid). I read in another thread that if your steering wheel isn't straight that it can cause this. I just got an alignment and my steering wheel is slightly off. Maybe 5 degrees, but it's been like that for over a week now and today is the first day I've had this problem.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what is this wicked magic you speak of.

and Id probably just say disconnect the battery for alittle while. Dunno seems to be the universal fix for electrical problems. Did it just randomly do this or were you involved in an accident or so? Id check all the connections and the brake fluid as you say, but try reseting it. I know what VSA is.. just dont have and dont have experience with it so..

if its low on brake fluid you have bigger problems than that annoying light lol
Old 03-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Former Sponsor

No accident, was just cruising on the highway. I was planning on disconnecting the battery after work, and also checking for a blown fuse.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Took it by the dealer on my lunch break. They say my steering wheel angle sensor is showing it is off center by 174 degrees. So basically upside down. My steering wheel was only off by a couple degrees after my alignment so I don't think that was the cause. They are suggesting that I replace the angle sensor and bring it back to them to reset the light. They were unable to recalibrate the sensor and reset the light today.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's hard to find conclusive information on this topic because there are so many components that can cause the lights.
I have the same problem and had the codes read. Came back with like 5 errors, which are probably interconnected in some way.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Old 03-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Former Sponsor

I'm determined to figure it out.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had this same problem, brake fluid level was fine. Check the float in the brake master cylinder reservoir; it occasionally fails to float or becomes stuck. Try to un-stick it carefully with a small longish screwdriver. Once the float comes up, the light(s) should go off. If it refuses to float, you will need to replace the entire master cylinder (this is what I ended up doing).
Old 03-29-2012, 03:55 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Sounds like the dealership figured it out already: a faulty sensor. They aren't even trying to sell you the sensor. Replace the sensor and have autozone clear the code for you.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Former Sponsor

No they didn't try to sell me a sensor because I had my buddy looking at it. Told me the part# and I ordered it online. Once I replace it, I will take it back and he is going to try clearing the code again.
Old 04-12-2012, 04:01 PM
Former Sponsor

Replaced the sensor last night, both lights still on. Good news though, the VSA light turned off on the way home from work today. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to have my bbuddy try and clear the (!) light.

Quick Reply: (VSA) and (!) light stuck on