Carolinas A Better Place to Be

Nomination: New Carolinas Community Organizer

Old 01-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Nomination: New Carolinas Community Organizer

Hello fellow Carolinas Community member, S2000 owners and enthusiasts!

Currently, our Carolinas forum has 2 CO's (Community Organizers), myself airgate and Bryan SC_Highlander.

I'm looking at adding a 3rd CO as I'll be busy for the next few months with work projects.

Please NOMINATE someone from the Carolinas Community HERE on this thread. Simply share their screen name and why you'd think they would make a good CO.

Example:

"I nominate __________________ because _________________."

Failure to post a nomination in this manner will result in your nomination not being accepted. Once the nominations are collected, a voting process will be held and the new CO will be crowned (okay, so nothing that formal). Hmm...perhaps a knighthood ceremony? I'd like to take a sword to knight someone.

Details...

WHAT: Nomination Process for Voting on 3rd CO (Community Organizer) for the Carolinas Forum on s2ki.com
WHEN: Nomination OPEN now til January 23rd, 10am

As shared above, nominations will be communicated on a new thread (and linked back here) for voting. The voting will start on the 23rd and run til the 26th, 10am. The nominee with the most votes will be our new CO.

Thank you for your attention and I look forward to your nominations.

Best,

-Raul (airgate)
Old 01-20-2012, 11:57 AM

Received 95 Likes on 73 Posts

I nominate mlc because he's always given 110% to this community and deserves every bit of recognition for it! (and I still owe him a beer).
Old 01-20-2012, 12:03 PM

What is the actual function of the community organizer. I don't want to nominate someone who cannot fulfill the duties. If its just because you love the community then I nominate myself.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"I nominate japhethwar because he loves the S2000 community and because he is always thinking about meets and events that help grow and foment the S2000 community in the Carolinas."
Old 01-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by japhethwar
What is the actual function of the community organizer. I don't want to nominate someone who cannot fulfill the duties. If its just because you love the community then I nominate myself.
Fair question...I should have included that into the post above. The CO watches the forum and moderates where necessary...ensuring For Sale threads meet s2ki.com guidelines and that the 'peace' is kept between members/guests/etc. The Carolinas Forum has always been (and will continue to be) a great community so it really and truly self-polices.

As a CO, you'll have the ability to edit threads, thread titles (fix words spelled wrong), lock and move threads, etc.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:30 PM

Awesome. Definately consider myself a candidate then. I would love the opportunity to be more involved. I spend a huge amount of time on here as it is. Would be great to actually contribute to the comunity more than just my opinion. Thanks
Old 01-20-2012, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dammit raul WTF do you have going on? lol killing me.. first no wtd, now can't moderate cause youll be so busy? jeez.... suspense is killing me, can't figure out what your up to....

as for nominations, ill hop on board with anyone mentioned already!! good luck guys
Old 01-20-2012, 02:52 PM

I nominate TPhong because he has always been a big help to the SC guys. I cant count the number of meets hes been to, number of times he has helped me out, and helped others out. He has been here forever. I think he was a mod elsewhere, but hell, i say we throw him up lol. Cmon Toyo!
Old 01-20-2012, 05:35 PM

No one wants to nominate ME?? Well my fine than! I nominate TPhong dude is always on her 24/7, I believe he had s2ki.com always open on the background of his computer at all times.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:26 PM

Interesting raul...

Quick Reply: Nomination: New Carolinas Community Organizer