UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Got my car back after having the front bumper smoothed

Old 11-12-2011, 08:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Got my car back after having the front bumper smoothed

I'm well chuffed with how its all coming together

I've had the washer jets and number plate mount removed and smoothed, it makes a huge difference to the look of the car! All with plastics, rather than filler, so they should hold up. The number plate is on a retractable number plate holder that slides into the front opening so most the time I just fold it up for the road, and fold it down for photos or posing

The Seibon carbon rear wing went on a treat, plus I've used plastidip to give the car matt black badges all round along with the spoiler mounting brackets.

Just waiting on some Rick's smoked JDM side indicators now to finish off the black trim.

At some point I'll get the MF10s I have locked up refurbed and on to finish it all off

Rob

PS
For anyone else that might be interested I got the number plate thing from Summit Racing, it turned up in a week:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/APR-400U/
It was fairly easy to fit, two holes in the hardened steel bumper beam. Then I had to space it down with five washers to get it to clear the bumper.

They do a powered version with a remote, but I didnt go for this because 1, its over twice the price 2, 95% of the time I'm going to have it up anyway 3, I saw someones guide on here for fitting the powered one and, as the motor sits at the back, you have to bend bits of the air con pipe work, and I didn't fancy doing that!

Old 11-12-2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats one nice looking S2k

have you considered painting/plati dipping the wheels black? i think it would look great
Old 11-12-2011, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by rob2.2
thats one nice looking S2k

have you considered painting/plati dipping the wheels black? i think it would look great

I'm thinking of maybe getting the MF10's in black.

I'd like to keep them bronze but the trouble is they are anodised so getting them re-done with the same colour as the original may be hard (especially as not even Mugen know the colour details as they were a special job by Rays). So if this is a problem I might go for some sort of black on them, I think id'l look pretty cool.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:23 AM
UK Moderator
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Black doesn't work well on darker coloured cars, bronze, gunmetal or even gold might look better.
Old 11-12-2011, 10:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by zzkamikazezz
PS
For anyone else that might be interested I got the number plate thing from Summit Racing, it turned up in a week:
It was fairly easy to fit, two holes in the hardened steel bumper beam. Then I had to space it down with five washers to get it to clear the bumper.

im soon to be fitting one of these to mine, does it work well?
Old 11-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Banned

i think bronze might contrast a bit (not as much as yellow and pink) but anthracite/gunmetal could look really good
Old 11-12-2011, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by rob2.2
Originally Posted by zzkamikazezz' timestamp='1321118749' post='21150771

PS

im soon to be fitting one of these to mine, does it work well?
It works perfectly. you need to just trim the top of the plate holder so its not too high for our UK number plates. I used a cable tie at the back of the bracket to just pull it up a bit at the back, as with just the two screws on the bumper beam it leant forward a tiny amount. Great mod, but for it to look good you'll need all the holes behind the molding all smoothed, there are six of them. You can get blanks for four of them from hard top guy I think, but we have two quite big ones added to the UK model to fit the big black number plate molding
Old 11-12-2011, 10:40 AM

1. This picture/car should have been a contender in the Calender pics.

2. Black wheels would spoil it. Go for the OEM look or maybe a slightly darker shade of grey on the wheels.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by s2000malta
1. This picture/car should have been a contender in the Calender pics.

2. Black wheels would spoil it. Go for the OEM look or maybe a slightly darker shade of grey on the wheels.
I did enter a photo but before the work, but it didn't get voted through, boo

To be honest the factory wheels are really growing on me...
Old 11-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Banned

i like the style of them but hate the colour,

changing the colour would massively improve them IMO

Quick Reply: Got my car back after having the front bumper smoothed