S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

MES service connector (SRS light)

Old 09-17-2011, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MES service connector (SRS light)

Has any one made an SCS service connector to clear the codes and reset the SRS light? I cant find the connector in any stores around here and i cant get it with a paper clip. Also do you know if the yellow connector is on the front of the fuse box? I dont see how one would get to the back of the box with out pulling the whole thing down.

EDIT: I found it easiest to use two separate wires, one slightly longer than the other. WIth both connected into the connector, you can have your elbows on the floor and one wire in each hand. Once the keys turned on for the procedure it is very easy to reset.

Thanks

UPDATE: FIXED! Ended up replacing :

SRS fuse
Passenger airbag
Driver seatbelt tensioner (may or may not have been necessary)
SRS ECU
Old 09-18-2011, 12:48 PM

Moved to the Under The Hood section
Old 09-18-2011, 01:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, the SRS connector is on the front of the fusebox in the driver's side foot-well. It's a yellow connector, simply unclip it from the fuse box and set it free. You can use a small paperclip or wire to short the two pins together. The connector will look like this:

I'm not sure why you're looking for a SRS connector at the store. It's a female connector, just jump a wire across the two while following the SRS reset procedure.
Old 09-18-2011, 01:04 PM

Found a photo. It's the small yellow connector at the bottom right corner of this photo:

Old 09-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Former Moderator

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

The SRS uses a MES or Memory erase signal, not SCS or Service check signal connector.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:59 PM

Thank you guys!!, the picture affirmed what i thought the connector was! I tried it with a paper clip but it would not work! Followed the directions. I did search for a while but found no definitive picture or answer. I will try with just a piece of wire instead of paper clip
Old 09-18-2011, 05:43 PM

man i cannot get this to work! I even have a dmm out here and im getting 5 volts to one of the pins in the connector, and a 5 volts between the two wires that i have plugged into the connector. Yet when i make continuity between the two, the srs light comes on and never turns off like its supposed to. This thing has a viper alarm system and im really hoping some of the wiring didnt mess with the srs system because theres all kinds of non factory wiring under the dash

What do you think?
Old 09-18-2011, 05:51 PM

Are you following the SRS specific instructions to reset the light? It involves several manipulations of plugging in the jumper wire and removing it as the SRS light blinks (in a very specific sequence).
Old 09-18-2011, 05:55 PM

Received 3,543 Likes on 2,545 Posts

Not sure about your wiring issue but to erase codes you need to connect,disconnect, and reconnect with a specified time limit. I had trouble doing it in the prescribed time limit, so then I just disconnected one end of Wire at a time and then I could do the procedure quickly enough. Given your situation you might want to get Honda to read the code to get an idea of what is causing it as you need a Honda tool to read the codes. Has the steering wheel ever been removed ?, I was getting a code from the connector in the steering wheel not being properly connected, they use a certain method to disconnect and connect which I wasn't doing right.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by JFUSION
Not sure about your wiring issue but to erase codes you need to connect,disconnect, and reconnect with a specified time limit. I had trouble doing it in the prescribed time limit, so then I just disconnected one end of Wire at a time and then I could do the procedure quickly enough. Given your situation you might want to get Honda to read the code to get an idea of what is causing it as you need a Honda tool to read the codes. Has the steering wheel ever been removed ?, I was getting a code from the connector in the steering wheel not being properly connected, they use a certain method to disconnect and connect which I wasn't doing right.
The first step of the procedure is to have the ignition off, short the two pins, then turn ignition on. The light is supposed to come on for 6 seconds then shut off. In my case the light never shuts off. Correct me if im wrong but, even if theres a code (which there obviously is because the lights always on), the reset procedure should reset it, yet the light would come back on if theres still a problem. I cant get it to reset in the first place.

Quick Reply: MES service connector (SRS light)