Site Info Open forum for the discussion of the S2K International site and organization. If you like what we're doing, post it here. If you don't, post it here too. Get answers to site related questions.

New Group Region?

Old 09-12-2011, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Group Region?

I live outside Memphis TN and want to organize a Region group for us because we have several owners around here

Western TN
Northern MS
Northern AR

But we don't fall in any other real group, so who or how do I get this done?
Thanks

Eric
Old 09-13-2011, 06:54 AM
Administrator
Admin
Community Organizer

Received 191 Likes on 151 Posts

About how many is "several" and doesn't the Ark-La-Tex region cover the entire state of (including northern) Arkansas? You got a point there about Mississippi. Do you mean "western" Tennessee?
Old 09-13-2011, 07:12 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

I believe he is refering to the Mid-South region as it is called. Includes Memphis (SouthWestern Tennessee), parts of Arkansas (West Memphis) and Northern Mississippi (parts of which serve as bedroom communities for those that work in the Memphis area as well as Tunica county. Not sure if Oxford, MS is included?).

A number count should help your cause Learnerspermit. Good luck. If you do succeed in buidling up a community, I look forward to meeting up with you guys the next time I'm in Memphis.

EDIT: May also help your cause if you have members from your are currently on S2KI post here in support for your proposed community. Memphis itself should have a sizeable number of S2000s
Old 09-13-2011, 10:28 AM

Edited I fixed the eastern to western, I was very tired when I posted last night. JulieU everything in those regions is so far away from what is happening here, especially since our tracks reopened up I plan to see more traffic in the region. And I noticed that of the LA region they have there own stand alone New Orleans section.
aashis2 you are exactly right in the regions that I am referring to. I will them to this thread, thanks!

Here is my master thread I have going thus far https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/896...#entry20967570
Old 09-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm all for this. I live in Memphis and we really don't fit into any of the region groups. I lurk the Music City (Nashville) section, but it's too far to go to small meets and events. A Mid-South region group would be awesome.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the memphis area, Batesville, MS to be exact.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:14 AM

Mid-South region is a great idea. I didn't even think about Nashville when looking for a local forum.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:59 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

I think Mid-South S2000 Owners (Includes Memphis, Southwestern Tennessee, Northeastern Arkansas (if not part of another forum) and Northwestern Mississippi) would be a great name for your regional forum. Good luck with your effort guys.

The greater Memphis area is vastly different from Nashville and Eastern TN. We (I count myself as a Memphian on account of having lived there for a while) have our own unique identity and should really have our own community with meets and activities in the local area. Nashville is 3 + hours away depending on where you live, so I dont see you guys making it to too many meets there.

Be sure to feature Sun Studios, Graceland, FedEx hub and The Pyramid in your badge gif if you guys get your own community.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by aashish2
I think Mid-South S2000 Owners (Includes Memphis, Southwestern Tennessee, Northeastern Arkansas (if not part of another forum) and Northwestern Mississippi) would be a great name for your regional forum. Good luck with your effort guys.

The greater Memphis area is vastly different from Nashville and Eastern TN. We (I count myself as a Memphian on account of having lived there for a while) have our own unique identity and should really have our own community with meets and activities in the local area. Nashville is 3 + hours away depending on where you live, so I dont see you guys making it to too many meets there.

Be sure to feature Sun Studios, Graceland, FedEx hub and The Pyramid in your badge gif if you guys get your own community.

This is exactly what Im thinking!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:50 PM

I'm also from the mid south region! Let us get this done.

Quick Reply: New Group Region?