UK & Ireland Meets & Events - Past Archive of old meets in the past

Airfield Track Day at Keevil Airfield-Oct 8th

Old 08-30-2011, 05:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airfield Track Day at Keevil Airfield-Oct 8th

I'm planning on booking myself on a track day at Keevil Airfield (BA14 6HG) on October 8th through Motorsport Events. I've just spoken to Ed at Motorsport Events and although we won't be able to a "group buy" style discount he can offer us some free tuition on the day if a number of us book. They've currently got 12 places available-anyone fancy coming along?! So far its me as well as my mx5-driving friend. I have a second mx5-driving friend pending.

The cost of the day is £119.

Any further tuition costs £25 for 20 mins, or £60 for an hour spread over the entire day. Motorsport Events no longer offer track day insurance, but if you feel the need Morris or CCE are still around.

This track was recommended to me by Adrian at last week's South West S2K meet-apparently its great for novices (like me!) and has a lot of run off before any barriers.

If people fancy coming along I suggest we work out numbers first, then once we book if we mention we're in the same party we'll get our free tuition!
Old 08-30-2011, 08:53 AM
G.E

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

October 8th looks good to me
I'm familiar with Keevil, and yes its a good, safe venue. Having only owned the S2000 for 2 months this might make an ideal first Airfield outing for me.
I like Motorsport Events too, my favourite organisers.
May very well book this tomorrow, free tuition would be most welcome too.

Thanks for the post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:12 AM

I was at the South West meet also (in the Berlina Black).

Never been to a track day, and as you said, sounds ideal for a first timer. Will get it booked
Old 08-31-2011, 09:21 AM
G.E

Originally Posted by jsl20
If people fancy coming along I suggest we work out numbers first, then once we book if we mention we're in the same party we'll get our free tuition!
Keep us informed as to how this is going to run. Should we book up, and let you know? Or wait until a few of us are ready to pay up?
Old 08-31-2011, 09:26 AM

i think the best way will be for me to book tomorrow.

then you guys that also want to come book and mention my name when you book-that way we don't miss out waiting for people etc. then the guys at ME should know how many people we are and sort out some freebies for us!

i'll try and let you guys know through here once i'm all booked. do we think this is a good way to do it?

my proper name's James Lightfoot by the way!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:31 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Kevil is fun and MSE run a good day out.

Here are some vids (subsequently removed as they are the old layout!)
Old 08-31-2011, 09:47 AM
G.E

Originally Posted by jsl20

then you guys that also want to come book and mention my name when you book-that way we don't miss out waiting for people etc. then the guys at ME should know how many people we are and sort out some freebies for us!

i'll try and let you guys know through here once i'm all booked. do we think this is a good way to do it?

Sounds fine to me, I'll wait up.
Now people, don't go trying to pick a line from Mr Lovegroova's video, they changed the layout earlier this year, so who knows what it is now.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:49 AM
UK Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by G.E
Originally Posted by jsl20' timestamp='1314811560' post='20931369

Sounds fine to me, I'll wait up.
Now people, don't go trying to pick a line from Mr Lovegroova's video, they changed the layout earlier this year, so who knows what it is now.
In that case, videos removed!
Old 09-01-2011, 01:11 AM

ok guys i'm all booked. Speak to Natasha at MSE-she'll sort you out. Just mention my name as I say and if enough of us sign up we'll get free tuition.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:03 AM
G.E

Excellent!
I'll be calling Tomorrow to speak to Natasha then

Quick Reply: Airfield Track Day at Keevil Airfield-Oct 8th