Florida S2000 Owners Florida S2000 Enthusiasts

Sarasota/Charlotte/Ft myers/Naples Meet

Old 08-17-2011, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sarasota/Charlotte/Ft myers/Naples Meet

South West Florida's Official S2000 meet n' greet
Date has been changed to Sept 11th
Southwest Florida needs it's own section @ s2ki.com. In order to achieve this we need to meet, we need photos, have some lunch, and show off our community to the forum. -This is an official s2000 meet but, all car enthusiast are welcome.

Premeet/cruise in-out/Coffee
Date: Sept 11th
Time: 8:00am to 8:30am
5100 Daniels Pkwy
Ft Myers, FL 33912

SWFL Meet and BBQ

Date: Sept 11th
Time: 9:00

This is a potluck style meet. Bring food and food will be given*. Bring drinks.
After the beach the plan is to get some good video and pictures of us cruising.
Feel free to bring plates, cups, napkins, and forks, we can never have to many.
If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM or post.

-Dell

Attendees:

Cali 18 +3 other cars
Tmerce +1
newyawkballa
SortaRican +1
Adamo41188
richlbc
Jcarp21
EastS2k (pending)
Zachp51
mgl s2k
Itsnoe30 (pending)
Old 08-17-2011, 11:02 AM

RESERVED FOR PICTURES AND VIDEOS

Date has been changed to Sept 11th
Old 08-17-2011, 11:41 AM
Banned

I agree...I'm down regardless of the location.
Old 08-17-2011, 02:15 PM

Reserved for photos and videos.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:13 PM

Not to be a dick but why a spirited driving item on the day? It's at the effing beach! Get the driving out of your system on the way there. Not to mention that most of the residents of Englewood are old as dirt and that can prove to become a safety issue or an easy ticket for a group that gets called in. Group drive to the beach would make more sense. then spend the rest of the day relaxing and getting to know each other. Plus it should be a pot luck type of gathering. People tend to shy away from gatherings where they are asked to provide $. Simply put, if you want to eat, you better bring something. I have no problem driving up there but I gaurantee that i will probably be the only one from this area attending. That an hour and a half from Ft. Myers. Might as well drive another 45 minutes and go to clearwater to see some hotties!
Old 08-17-2011, 04:50 PM

That's fine. we will make it a potluck style meet, that was my first idea. The spirited drive will be changed to a "group cruise"

any other input. I'm more concern about time and date as well as location.

as far as location. one group has to give, ft myers, or sarasota. the middle beach is port charlotte and it's nothing to be around let alone go to. the next beach is sanibel. that's an hour and a half drive from south sarasota. englewood is no longer than an hour from ft myers and about 45 min from sarasota.

if you have any suggestions as far as location please place your input. if the majority is asking for a certain location then that's where we'll be.

lets make this big. we need our own section, we'll show s2ki why.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:00 AM

The 4th looks good for me. The time is fine too.

I suggest Englewood beach even though you have to pay to park because they have the pavilions with the tables and grill, middle beach doesn't have anything. And from where I'm at in ft myers near Daniels it's about an hour and twenty minute drive. And after we eat we can take a drive to middle beach and chill out there.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:31 AM

100% in

Honestly I think Sanibel is the best place to have it, kind of on an island, its pretty big and not usually crowded. I vote Sanibel
Old 08-18-2011, 02:21 PM

Exactly Adamo, It's a nice spot, Grills, tables (I'm pretty sure of) and beachside parking. By beachside I mean 20-30' from the water. Plus there are nice restrooms and boat ramps for anyone wanting to bring out their toys. You can even fish right there all day long and catch some bigguns. The Sarasota crew falls into the Tampa category due to their proximity. (Not saying that noone else is welcome but for so long theres been no other members down south and now that there is we shouldn't have to leave our own backyard for a meet.) Now I'm the first one to make a trek up that way but if we want our own pin on the map doesn't it seem to make sense to do it where we are? I'm down either way but I'm just here to point out that this isn't being planned for a down south meet. It's more of a south Tampa group thing. It's still a 45 minute drive for me to get there. Lets not forget the naples people who have yet to chime in as well. (probably rather go to Miami anyway if they are gonna drive for 2 hours). I'm gonna dig up some photos of Sanibel for refference.

In the meantime, set a date and we'll negotiate a place. Is there anything decent in Punta Gorda?
Old 08-18-2011, 06:18 PM

sanibel would be great

Quick Reply: Sarasota/Charlotte/Ft myers/Naples Meet