Sponsor S2000 Engine and S2000 Drivetrain Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 engine and S2000 drivetrain products

CHALLENGE - 76TA-S and 76TA-R Time Attack Exhausts

Old 12-26-2011, 08:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally had a chance to visit the installer today. Got the 76TA-S installed as well as a Berk 70mm HFC.
My buddy was able to take some videos outside of car and I did an interior video using my gopro, but I am not completely happy with the videos. We were both under the weather today, both had headaches and it was VERY cold here in the NorthEast. So we really weren't too much in the mood for some fancy videography. We plan on doing better ones at a later date. For now, this is what I've got to offer.

Info:
MY04, Berk 70mm HFC and TA-S (stock intake, stock header).

First startup and idle, and a wack rev (installer was listening for leaks so I didn't want to blow his ears out while he was underneath the car, lol. Taken with iphone

Pulling out of shop(Evans-Tuning, for those of you that have been here, it should look familiar) Also taken with iphone.

Driving back to shop after taking it out for a test spin, making sure nothing is rattling or clunking or anything weird like that. Yes I know I should've done a flyby here.
I totally forgot, like I said, I was really out of it, I went because I had an appt and snow is in the forecast so it was either today or who knows when. Also, state trooper popped up heading in my direction about 15sec after I made the left into the shop, PHEW. Also taken with iphone

Interior video taken with my gopro mounted on top of glove box. This is going through all gears after paying a toll. I do not pull through the gears hard just trying to show "cruising" speeds, normal driving and close to redline(you can hear my shift beeper beep once or twice).

Mini "review":
Is it loud? IMO, this is subjective. I find it a bit louder than what I would've liked, but since I don't daily drive my S, I will be fine with it for competition and weekend cruising. I was able to enjoy my music selection on the highway without having to blast the radio's volume past 25. Keep in mind I have a MY04, so no rear speakers. For the price I paid when it was on sale during Black Friday, I'm pretty happy. I probably would've preferred the sound level of the new Evasive Motorsports 70SSP exhaust, it's definitely quieter, but it's about $300 more(black friday pricing), not a 76mm(which is why it's quieter), I'm not a big fan of the Helmholtz canister next to the muffler and it's about 4 lbs heavier than the 76TA-S. Just my $.02
Does it have really bad drone? In my opinion, No.
Does it sound sick when pulling hard through all the gears towards redline? Heck mofo'ing yes! I know I know, should've shown this in video.
Will you like this exhaust? I've got no idea, just try it, me telling you that I like it and you hearing it in videos isn't enough to make a decision, this is my opinion.
Like the way it looks? Yup, I dig that it's different.
What does the butt dyno say? It told me that the car feels like it's got a bit more powa, but I also installed a HFC at the same time so that probably helped too, can't credit the exhaust for it all.
Hope this helps anyone on the fence on whether to purchase this or not. Maybe you can compare it with djdorifto's videos since he's got the TA-R with test pipe(should be a bit louder than my TA-S with HFC).

Overall I am pretty happy with it.

Thanks!

Old 12-27-2011, 06:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds Great...Thanks for the great post !!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 07:05 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

nice review man, more exhaust videos though! we got to hear that exhaust sing lol
Old 12-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Bump!
Old 12-28-2011, 08:03 AM

Received 70 Likes on 61 Posts

NFRad - thank you that's a wonderful review..it looks dope in the pics. I'm asuming you used the extra hanger ?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by chrisaltima
NFRad - thank you that's a wonderful review..it looks dope in the pics. I'm asuming you used the extra hanger ?
Yes, the extra hanger was used. Thanks for bringing this up, I forgot to mention in my review that it doesn't sit as low as I had thought it would on my ride height. So far no problems with it scraping or anything as such and I've driven my S about 450 miles so far.

Hope this helps!

Thanks
Old 12-28-2011, 08:42 AM

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts

Any other rear pics?
Old 12-28-2011, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by //steve\\
Any other rear pics?
Those were the only 2 that I liked. I'm a photographer as a hobby, so the others I didn't approve of.
If you have any particular angles you'd like to see, just let me know, I'll shoot it and post it up.

P.S for anyone fairly local to me(zip code 12590), if you'd like to hear the exhaust in person, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can meet up if time allows. Wish I had this option when I was trying to decide. Just trying to help the s2ki community.

P.P.S GTmotoring should pay me for helping them sell a couple more of these.... or send me some free decals
Old 12-28-2011, 09:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by NFRad
Originally Posted by //steve\\' timestamp='1325094167' post='21268525
Any other rear pics?
Those were the only 2 that I liked. I'm a photographer as a hobby, so the others I didn't approve of.
If you have any particular angles you'd like to see, just let me know, I'll shoot it and post it up.

P.S for anyone fairly local to me(zip code 12590), if you'd like to hear the exhaust in person, shoot me a PM and I'll see if I can meet up if time allows. Wish I had this option when I was trying to decide. Just trying to help the s2ki community.

P.P.S GTmotoring should pay me for helping them sell a couple more of these.... or send me some free decals
Be glad to send you some decals once we have another batch done.

Thanks for all the great vids and honest feedback!
Old 12-28-2011, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by GT Motoring
Originally Posted by NFRad' timestamp='1325094528' post='21268547
[quote name='//steve\\' timestamp='1325094167' post='21268525']
Any other rear pics?

Be glad to send you some decals once we have another batch done.

Thanks for all the great vids and honest feedback!
[/quote]

Looking forward to the decals

Quick Reply: CHALLENGE - 76TA-S and 76TA-R Time Attack Exhausts