S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Review: Fujitsubo RM-01A!

Old 07-19-2011 | 11:57 AM

Default Review: Fujitsubo RM-01A!

I'm pretty new to this community after purchasing my S2000 in April. I've usually been only a reader but want to get more involved in the community. Since I've gotten my S2000, I purchased a FIPK K&N intake but didn't feel like it needed a review since it was very popular but when I searched up Fujitsubo RM-01A it was not talked about much besides the Legalis model.

Purchased the Fujitsubo RM-01A exhaust from Evasive Motorsports yesterday at a great deal. I knew Fujitsubo had a great reputation for high quality and it was extremely light compared to the stock exhaust. The welds were overall pretty good. I did not take pictures of the exhaust out of the box as it was dark and was very annoyed from the 3 bolts from the cat. I highly suggest using a LOT of PB blaster and let it soak up for a bit. As for the hangers, I know people around the forums say don't use WD-40 but soap and water was not cutting it for. I also use a flat head screwdriver to help pry the hangers off.

As far as fitment, its about a 9/10. I know with a little more effort I can get it perfect but I really don't mind and can barely notice it.

Sound wise, it is as what people say, a bit louder than stock. On cold starts it can get somewhat loud but the greatest benefit so far is little to no drone. I only have a FIPK K&N intake and paired with the RM-01A it sounds pretty beast at WOT. To be honest the sound is a little too quiet for me so I might be in the market for a Berk HFC in the future as it would probably make it sound a lot more mean but overall very pleased with the purchase.

I haven't seen any dynos of this vehicle but my guess would be very little to no gain but you do save a lot of weight and the sound difference is more audible than people say IMO. I would definitely recommend this exhaust if your'e looking for a decently priced exhaust with great build and no drone.

Sound clip from cold start. Only other mod as mentioned is K8N intake.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljIBjhXCevY[/media]

better picture of the fitment (didnt spend anytime trying to adjust it or anything but the gap on the left side is more than the right)
Old 07-19-2011 | 05:57 PM

I have this exhaust, great exhaust...light weight. No drone at all great for daily drive...abit louder than stock....but I wish to go with greedy se tho...
Old 07-20-2011 | 10:16 PM

Old 07-20-2011 | 10:25 PM

sounds awesome
Old 07-20-2011 | 10:27 PM

http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/prods/det...04044/00001071

they almost have all the information available compared to stock exhaust.
Old 07-20-2011 | 11:04 PM

get the Berk HFC......it will give u more deeper sound. I have this setup too.......
Old 07-21-2011 | 02:15 AM

can you do a few vtec fly bys or drive aways?
ive been looking at this exhuast, since it's "quiet"
but i've noticed that people use "quiet" as below vtec sound/drone.
i neeed something that's close to stock sounds in all rpm ranges and also lighter than stock.
Old 07-21-2011 | 06:25 AM

Ive been looking at this exhaust and was wondering if you have anymore pictures of it? If so could you post them? I really wanted to see how well it fits the ap2 bumper from the side and more pictures looking at it directly from the back like you took withe the picture above and a few from far away.

Wish someone local in so cal had this exhaust, really want to hear it in person.
Old 07-21-2011 | 11:11 AM

I'll try to post some more videos when I have some time, but I can definitely take a few pictures. Where are you located because I live in Diamond Bar (909)
Old 07-21-2011 | 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by s2000vtecvtec
http://www.fujitsubo.co.jp/prods/det...04044/00001071

they almost have all the information available compared to stock exhaust.
Nice, thanks. Looks like it makes about 5 hp and 2 lbs/ft of torque. OP mind PMing me the price you got it for?

Quick Reply: Review: Fujitsubo RM-01A!