California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

West End Alignment ROCKS!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:28 PM

Received 207 Likes on 108 Posts
Default West End Alignment ROCKS!

I do not post frequently, so when I do, I try to make it count. This post it to tout the services of West End Alignment in Gardena, CA. These guys are the real deal and you can NOT find anyone better in the greater LA area!

I have to say, I was incredibly pleased with the work they did, with how personable the staff was, and just the whole danged thing. I can not possibly think of a single bad thing to say other than that I was embarassed when I found out they don't take plastic for payment. In an extremely rare moment, I had cash on me to cover the cost, but holy cow I turned every shade of red and said, "Oh s!!t!" when he said they are cash or check only. But he was very cool about it and he would have sent me off to an ATM if I had needed to do that.

The shop is neat, clean and very professional. Yes, they have a lot of toys stored there (go karts, mini bikes, dirt bikes, jet skis). But no, you don't feel like it's a dumping ground whatsoever.

Now, as far as the work on my car: we talked and he got all of the details about how I drive my car and what I was looking to accomplish. I explained I'm a canyon driver who tracks the car maybe twice a year. Told him it isn't my daily driver and its sole purpose in life is to put a smile on my face every other weekend and the odd weekday when I need a fix of yellow (my S is yellow) to cheer me up. We discussed the strange wear I was seeing on the fronts and what I felt the car was doing that I didn't like.

He had me sit in the car while they aligned it. I made sure that I drove it to the shop with exactly the stuff that would normally be in the car (trunk and interior) on canyon runs, right down to my purse strapped into the passenger seat (yes, female driver here). They gave me a bottle of cold water (it is a little toasty in the shop up there on the lift) and I settled in with my Android phone for a spell. Eventually some other customers came by and I struck up a conversation with one of them.

Results: the difference in the car even just driving it home from the shop was definitely significant. Where it had been grabbing at lines on the freeway and pulling a bit here and there in grooves, it was now a happy camper. Yes, because of the bad alignment I had (too much toe-in) I'll be looking at new front tires come the end of summer, but I can wipe these out and call it good. The car is so much more pleasant now!

Seriously, if you are *anywhere* in the Los Angeles area, THIS is the alignment shop you want to go to.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

How much was the work?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:41 PM

$90 for what I had done.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you please post your comments here:

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/845...acks-services/

Thanks
Old 07-12-2011, 08:24 PM

^^ Sure. Can do.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chris and Darin are awesome!
Old 07-13-2011, 12:25 PM

Darin is the coolest, most down to Earth guy. for him
Old 07-13-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Huy does the same work for only $30 .... just saying.

EDIT ( This was meant to be a joke post )
Old 07-13-2011, 01:41 PM

I have heard nothing but good things about them on Nasioc when I had my subby. I will definitely be going to them when it comes time to get an alignment.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k
Huy does the same work for only $30 .... just saying.
BWAHAHAHAH........keep telling yourself that, buddy!

Darin>Huy or whomever you can pull out of your 455!

Quick Reply: West End Alignment ROCKS!