Socal Swap Meet PAID MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED. Buy, sell, trade and bargain with fellow members in SoCal
Mark this thread as Unsold

Used Replica Mugen hardtop painted black FOR SALE - Free Delivery!

Old 07-10-2011, 10:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Used Replica Mugen hardtop painted black FOR SALE - Free Delivery!

* Repost from the general classifieds section. Forgot there was a Socal sub forum.

Name: Sudheer
Price: $1100 OBO Local Pickup, will deliver but not ship.
Contact: sud.dont@gmail.com 626 353 1403 Will answer txt, email, and PMs promptly.

Thanks for looking at my sale. This top was provided with the car when I purchased it two months ago. Seller also provided the soft top, which I recently re-installed. I'm being very honest with the condition of the top, but keep in mind it is still in excellent overall condition. You won't find any lurking paint chips or scuffs other than what I've described. Below is the description:

- The front latches are not included, but the rear mounting brackets and bolts are. You would have to use the latches from your softop to make this work, or buy new/replica ones.
- Also, the window seals are new. While removing the old seals, the paint came off with the adhesive on the seal; see pics. This defect in the paint is not visible when the top is mounted, as it is on the inside edge of the top, under the window seal. The pics with the small paint chips are at the rear of the top, but can easily be touched up.
- The window is Lexan, a pic that's included shows the caulking used to secure it in place. Although it looks bad, it never leaked when I drove in the rain.
- Aside from the paint chips and the window, the rest of the condition of the top is excellent. Paint shines very well. I waxed it weekly when it was on my car, but has not been mounted for the past month.
- The fitment is not PERFECT. Although there are no leaks with the window seals, the seal where the top meets the rear of the car does leak some air. This can be fixed by tightening down the top, but then the doors will not close easily if the windows are completley rolled up. Basically, you can have this top mounted with very little road noise and no air leaking, but you would have to lower the windows a bit (less than 1/8") before closing the doors.

Keep in mind you have to completly remove the soft top to mount this hardtop. Requires two people at one point to lift out the soft top assembly.

EDIT: Apparently you don't have to remove the soft top to install this. You will have to remove some plastic trim to gain access to install the hardware.

I will deliver for free anywhere in Los Angeles County or Orange County. Otherwise, Local pickup only.

Old 07-10-2011, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great guy to deal with, definately takes care of his parts and his car, just recently serviced his car at our shop, and the parts on them are immaculate.
Old 07-10-2011, 11:27 PM

Bump for you I have an almost identical hardtop, from the 1/8" window down to clear the side windows, paint chips, and even down to the caulking on the window.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by TurboTanger
Great guy to deal with, definately takes care of his parts and his car, just recently serviced his car at our shop, and the parts on them are immaculate.
Thanks William, remember I'll def hook you up on the price for this thing! Thanks for working on my car man. Once I heard that the mechanic at this shop also owned an '05 s2k, I immediately decided to leave it there for the scheduled 60K service. Repped for a great mechanic and shop!
Old 07-11-2011, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by andytran04
Bump for you I have an almost identical hardtop, from the 1/8" window down to clear the side windows, paint chips, and even down to the caulking on the window.
I thought I was the only one. It isn't really much trouble living with these drawbacks. I mean, it makes the car look 10 times more awesome. I just prefer the convenience of the motorized soft top.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:32 PM

any pics on the car itself? (old pics)
Old 07-11-2011, 09:06 PM

Old Pics asked, Old Pics provided. Keep in mind these are from the seller before he sold it to me. Although nothing has changed except for the removal of the hardtop. Hope he doesn't mind me using his pics!

Old 07-11-2011, 11:49 PM

Good price
Old 07-13-2011, 10:01 AM

Bump. I'll entertain any offers.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:22 AM

Bump, Still For Sale. Price Drop to $1100

Quick Reply: Used Replica Mugen hardtop painted black FOR SALE - Free Delivery!