S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Dipstick popping out with new S/C kit

Old 06-03-2011, 05:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dipstick popping out with new S/C kit

I got tuned at Evan's yesterday with my new SOS 1200 kit.. made pretty nice power at only 8psi.. 375whp / 235 tq

My dipstick kept popping out, I never had this happen when I was turbo @ 14psi

Im running a Saikou Michi breather can, 1/2" hose running from the front breather port on valve cover & i drilled out the PCV valve for the 2nd 1/2" hose.. pcv port on intake manifold is capped.

This new motor has only 25k miles on it, compression is ~255 in each cylinder.... I really doubt my ringlands are shot. Is it possible since I have no vacuum source running to the valve cover for when not in boost that its building too much pressure, and then when boost hits by breather tank cant keep up? Also the 2nd hose for breather tank is running off drilled out PCV valve, so that end gets choked down to like an 1/8" hose barb.

I was thinking of adding another hose barb to the valve cover and running a supra PCV valave back to the manifold from there,

and keep the other 2 hoses going to the catch can, but with true 1/2" hose barb from the existing PCV port on the VC

What do you all think?

heres a pic of the setup

any advice would be appreciated...
Old 06-03-2011, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't tell from the picture, but are the two hoses coming out of the IM side going to the catch/breather can or are they routed into the SC tubing??

And is the dipstick popping out during accel or deccel?
Old 06-03-2011, 06:11 AM

hose from intake mani - one goes to the fuel rail, other goes to whatever is underneath the intake mani (hardline of some sorts) .. the diverter valve from the S/C intake elbow has a hose that tees into the fuel rail vaccuum hose.

dipstick.. it would happen near the top of a pull, I cant remember if it was right when he let off or leading up to that
Old 06-03-2011, 06:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know it sounds stupid, but did you thoroughly clean the o-rings on the dipstick? I was having this problem (N/A) and cleaned the o-rings as well as the top of the hole, and the problem went away.
YMMV
Old 06-03-2011, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by ViperASR
I know it sounds stupid, but did you thoroughly clean the o-rings on the dipstick? I was having this problem (N/A) and cleaned the o-rings as well as the top of the hole, and the problem went away.
YMMV
I will try that.. so basically you're saying it might not be crazy crankcase pressure, just enough to pop faulty dipstick?

Right now I have the dipstick turned around & it doesn't pop out at all, but I want to get to the underlying problem if possible
Old 06-03-2011, 06:40 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you didn't get the s2000 specific catchcan?
Old 06-03-2011, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Deception
hose from intake mani - one goes to the fuel rail, other goes to whatever is underneath the intake mani (hardline of some sorts) .. the diverter valve from the S/C intake elbow has a hose that tees into the fuel rail vaccuum hose.

dipstick.. it would happen near the top of a pull, I cant remember if it was right when he let off or leading up to that
oops sorry I miss worded my question. I meant the two hose coming out of the valve cover on the IM side, where are they routed to??
Old 06-03-2011, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by S20004ME_PDX
Originally Posted by Deception' timestamp='1307110268' post='20645509

oops sorry I miss worded my question. I meant the two hose coming out of the valve cover on the IM side, where are they routed to??
the breather can, follow the hoses leading down between S/C & aftercooler you will see the small breather tank filter next to the air filter
Old 06-03-2011, 07:15 AM

so how does the car feel with this over your turbo set up?
Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Turn the dipstip the opposite way, it wont pop out anymore

Quick Reply: Dipstick popping out with new S/C kit