S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

AP1 Comptech SC on 04 AP2

Old 05-29-2011, 04:33 AM
EOE

Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts
Default AP1 Comptech SC on 04 AP2

I might purchase an AP1 Comptech SC for my AP2. Would I need to purchase any other parts before installing it?

2004 AP2 115k Miles

- Do you recommend I buy a new pulley from SOS and run 7psi or stick with 4.6" AP1 pulley that produces 4psi?
- Since no tuning will be involved I will be using what Comptech provides. Would I need to buy a new AP2 ESM control unit because this kit was mapped for the AP1, or can I get away with the AP1 part?
- What else do you suggest I purchase or replace?

Thanks!

Here is the possible kit I might get...
http://img703.images...3/img1052ha.jpg
Old 05-29-2011, 05:20 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think the ESM is only to clamp MAP sensor voltage. I don't think it does anything else (not very many wires, I count 4 which would be what is needed to change the MAP signal to the ECU), but don't quote me on that. I don't even know if the parts are different.

I'd say with 4psi, you'd make 260HP-270HP, best case.

I would not recommend running without tuning at all. I just put in a new SOS kit and I've discovered my AFRs spike over 7K RPM, due to a possibly bad fuel pump, FPR, or dirty injectors. If I went without tuning I would have never known.

I do know the fuel pressure is higher on the AP2, 58psi vs 50psi at atmospheric pressure (no vac/no boost), but that may be adjustable up to where you need it.

The kit does look to be pretty complete, too. I'd say get 6ft 5/32 hose, wiring/crimp connectors/terminal adapters for the fuel pump, and teflon/PTFE tape. I'd also recommend a wideband O2 sensor and gauge (I'm getting one to diagnose my issues) and a fuel pressure gauge (just a simple one really, even to use temporarily, no need to mount it).

Also new crush washers for the oil drain (same as stock) and the fuel rail (2) where you will mount the hose that goes to the FPR. I'd also get 2 new VTEC solenoid gaskets (funny-shaped with oil screen).
Old 05-29-2011, 06:13 AM
EOE

Awesome response. Good to know, thanks! I was thinking of getting some gauges too so when I install it at the very least I can watch the A/F and Oil Pressure. Ill throw it on a dyno too later on as well to make sure everything is fine, but I have no plans to run anything BUT what Comptech provides. Would like to keep it as is, no tuning, just plug and play.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:37 AM

Sounds like a plan. I wouldn't go over a 6psi pulley on the stock ECU with stock fuel maps.

And, yea, there isn't much "tuning" you can do other than adjusting the fuel pressure regulator.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:15 AM
EOE

Hmm so ill get a new Pulley that is good for 6psi. However no firm answer on ESM and if its safe to use on AP2.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:35 AM

Right, you'll have to confirm that elsewhere, but it doesn't look like there's enough wires on it to control more than the MAP voltage and maybe VTEC transition.

My SOS FVM (Fuel/VTEC/MAP) module has like 16 wires coming out of it.

The Comptech site has only 1 part, and depending on settings it can work on more than the S2000 so I really think the one you have will work for you. I believe the MAP sensor is the same for all S2000s so it's likely the ESM is the same, too.

http://www.ct-engineering.com/store/340050.html
Old 06-02-2011, 11:25 AM
EOE

Looks like I am having dificulty finding Pulleys for this system. One member is selling 4" and thats 7psi, not sure if thats okay due to injectors being maxed out I guess. Comptech nor SOS have 4.2" pul;eys
Old 06-02-2011, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EOE
Looks like I am having dificulty finding Pulleys for this system. One member is selling 4" and thats 7psi, not sure if thats okay due to injectors being maxed out I guess. Comptech nor SOS have 4.2" pul;eys
The stock AP2 pulleys are in high demand because people can use them on AP1s without buying a stand alone or a more expensive piggyback. The 4.0 might work but it would be pushing it without a tune and stock injectors. Your best bet to get that pulley is just to google novi 1000 pulley and you should be able to find one. the blower is used for lots of other kits besides the comptech.

You need to get the belt with it also. All the belt numbers are in a sticky somewhere and you can get it from any auto store.

if you think u will up the boost anyway u might just want to buy a smaller pulley along with a stand alone (or more expensive piggyback like emanage), and bigger injectors. Would save u the cost of the extra pulley and messing around with the blackbox deal and FMU. The install would actually be easier.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erikvanden
...if you think u will up the boost anyway u might just want to buy a smaller pulley along with a stand alone (or more expensive piggyback like emanage), and bigger injectors. Would save u the cost of the extra pulley and messing around with the blackbox deal and FMU. The install would actually be easier.
You're not going to be happy with the results until you get a standalone, bigger injectors, a 9 lb. pulley, and a good tune. That's about as far as you can go conservatively without changing a bunch of other stuff. You might as well do it all from the start as opposed to spending money creeping up on it.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:37 PM
Community Organizer

Received 554 Likes on 506 Posts

The ESM is only a map clamp to hide boost. It has no other function and so it can be used on an ap1/ap2.

Quick Reply: AP1 Comptech SC on 04 AP2