S2000 Vintage Owners Knowledge, age and life experiences represent the members of the Vintage Owners

Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread

Old 05-27-2011, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread

I bought a Crosstour. We're picking it up in the morning.

Lainey - I think we solved the power problem.

Rob - I will miss the Si but I've still got the primary toy.

Doug -

Doc -
Old 05-27-2011, 01:05 PM

And, best of all, when you're sitting inside it you can't see its, um, distinctive exterior! HPH
Old 05-27-2011, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by DrCloud
And, best of all, when you're sitting inside it you can't see its, um, distinctive exterior! HPH
And this from a Suckaroo owner. I need to edit the first post.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:11 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 438 Likes on 308 Posts

Congrats. When I first saw the pictures of the Crosstour I thought it was the goofiest looking thing I had ever seen. Then I looked around the interior and drove one when shooping for a boat puller and really began to appeciate it.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but does alot of things quietly well and with a lot of refinement and comfort for the driver over something like a truck.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by vader1
Congrats. When I first saw the pictures of the Crosstour I thought it was the goofiest looking thing I had ever seen. Then I looked around the interior and drove one when shooping for a boat puller and really began to appeciate it.

Not everyone's cup of tea, but does alot of things quietly well and with a lot of refinement and comfort for the driver over something like a truck.
Coming from a PT Cruiser/Si combination this is definitely a step up. It melds 2 into 1 pretty well. I'll need a week or two with the manual to figure out all the "stuff" though.
Old 05-27-2011, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by raymo19
Originally Posted by DrCloud' timestamp='1306530349' post='20624121
Hee hee. Would it make you feel better if I said (truthfully) that I don't like the Panamera either? HPH
Old 05-27-2011, 02:55 PM

Well, even though his taste in vehicles couldn't be described as being impeccable, and he certainly shouldn't be throwing any stones, he does have a point.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,546 Likes on 1,917 Posts

I bought a Crosstour. We're picking it up in the morning.

Lainey - I think we solved the power problem.

Rob - I will miss the Si but I've still got the primary toy.

Doug -

Doc -
Raymo, what sold you on the Crosstour over a CR-V?

I was just saying how much I liked my '08 RAV4 (V-6, 4wd, Limited package) and then I noticed the driver's seat has a little tear starting in the leather. It's not uncommon according to the RAV4 forum and the service writer I talked to. It's still under warranty, at 31,000 miles. Made me want to look at Hondas again. I never have had any issues with substandard materials in any of my 6 Hondas. When I bought the RAV4 in May 2008, there wasn't any Honda that filled the niche the RAV4 does. I think it's the same, now.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by Kyras

I was just saying how much I liked my '08 RAV4 (V-6, 4wd, Limited package) and then I noticed the driver's seat has a little tear starting in the leather. It's not uncommon according to the RAV4 forum and the service writer I talked to. It's still under warranty, at 31,000 miles. Made me want to look at Hondas again. I never have had any issues with substandard materials in any of my 6 Hondas. When I bought the RAV4 in May 2008, there wasn't any Honda that filled the niche the RAV4 does. I think it's the same, now.
They didn't have (and couldn't get) a black navi CR-V but they had a Crosstour on the lot. I only get to say no to this woman twice a year and the price difference wasn't enough to bring that into play.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 3,546 Likes on 1,917 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyras' timestamp='1306537502' post='20624565

They didn't have (and couldn't get) a black navi CR-V but they had a Crosstour on the lot. I only get to say no to this woman twice a year and the price difference wasn't enough to bring that into play.
But aren't they quite different vehicles? Are you not that picky? What were/are you looking for in your vehicle? Or just a black Honda with navi?

Quick Reply: Patty and Chet's CrossTour thread