S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.
View Poll Results: Would you order from Ultra Rev?
Yes
0%
No
100.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Are these axles the same?

Old 05-27-2011, 07:18 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Are these axles the same?

So I ordered new axles a month ago from an eBay seller who actually has a major website as well and they drop shipped from the manufacturer. I will withhold their names unless they don't give me my refund This last weekend, my mechanic Dave and I attempted to install them. We attempted to install the driver's side first. Even fully compressed, there seemed no way it was going in. We ended up putting my old one back in.

I researched and found that we do have different length axles and that the driver's side is shorter than the right one. So now I am just wanting to return them and have Dave order me some. I contacted the manufactureer who told me to call the seller. I contacted the seller and they said the manufacturer wanted some pictures. So Dave graciously took a few pictures and sent them to me. NOW the manufacturer is saying they want a picture of them standing side by side and compressed to see if there is an issue. Dave and I looked at them and they look exactly the same length. If they try giving me sh*t I am just filing a Ebay/Paypal/credit card dispute and using these axles as paperweights if I need to.

What do you guys think?

UPDATE: Please see Page 2 for the ongoing battle with Ultra Rev to get my money back. You think Driveshaft Shop would care a little more about their reputation too, especially since it was most likely their fault, and would want to make sure things got cleared up quickly.

UPDATE: So I finally filed the dispute and PayPal sided with me and refunded the full $340 for the axles. UNFORTUNATELY, I did not know that they don't reimburse you for shipping So it's like I paid the damn restocking fee anyway...let's see, $25 of $340 is like 7.4%. Well, at least Ultra Rev didn't get it I guess. Thanks for listening and voting guys!
Old 05-27-2011, 07:19 AM

More pics

Old 05-27-2011, 07:31 AM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Sounds to me that they want to confirm the physical parts numbers before they take action. The box had part numbers and should be the same as the parts. It could be a simple case of a miss packaged part. So they are just trying to confirm things before they take action.

On the parts, yes the OEM axles are different lengths. I want to say the inside parts look different too (Longer in that area and not just the shaft)
Old 05-27-2011, 07:55 AM

Yeah, well that's another thing...the box did not have any part numbers, any documentation, anything...just something saying how there is no warranty and a couple stickers

I mean, we tried mounting one of them on the driver's side and it looked like there was NO WAY we were going to be able to bolt in the suspension arms and stuff after just because it was too long.

They wanted MORE pictures, of them standing up and compressed the other way...

So we sent these

Old 05-27-2011, 08:07 AM

There is an obvious difference in the length between the two axles.
Old 05-27-2011, 10:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not are if your axles are broken but if they aren't you could send pics of old vs new.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by BowlofRice
Not are if your axles are broken but if they aren't you could send pics of old vs new.
Once I get the new axles my mechanic friend orders me and we go ahead with the install I will take some side by side pictures.
Old 05-28-2011, 02:13 PM

Ok, this is getting a little ridiculous. I am going to release the name of the manufacturer, Driveshaft Shop and I will say their CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE. I am fed up with this. So I sent pictures of the axles Wednesday, and they wanted more of them standing up. I sent some more on Thursday, and they wanted some of them standing up the other way. So I sent some more Friday. Heard back from the seller that they were still waiting on the Driveshaft Shop and they'd let me know. So I call the seller at 3:30 on Friday and she says she has called them multiple times and sent several emails but still hadn't heard anything. So I said, "Ok, I don't want to have to file a PayPal dispute, but I will." Her tone visibly changed after I said that and she put me on hold for a while. She came back and said ok, they got in touch with the owner of Driveshaft Shop and that he would be sending me a UPS shipping voucher by 7 pm so I can ship them back. Once they get the axles, and Driveshaft Shop "verifies everything is good", then they will refund the seller and the seller will refund me. So it is now 6 pm Saturday and I have NO VOUCHER. I am trying to decide if I want to file the PayPal dispute, because as I read it, I have 45 days from the date of purchase...well by now it has been like 35. I know this f**Ks over the seller more than Driveshaft Shop, who are most likely to blame, so I don't want to have to do this, but at the same time, I just want to return the damn things and get my money back now.

In short, DO NOT ORDER FROM DRIVESHAFT SHOP is my recommendation based on their reluctance to accept they made a mistake.
Old 05-28-2011, 04:27 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I would just file a dispute through paypal.

Cause if the 45 days past and your stuck with these, you are the one that's getting f**ked
Old 05-29-2011, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea they are giving you the ring aroun till our 45 days is up then you'll be screwed. Just file a claim and get your money back.

Quick Reply: Are these axles the same?