S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Opinions on Tein S-Tech Springs?

Old 05-23-2011, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on Tein S-Tech Springs?

What are your opinions and experiences with the Tein S-Tech Springs for the AP1 ???
I'm looking into buying these to add an aggressive look to my S2k while preserving the"perfectly" balanced trait of the s2k (which is so often bragged about) ???

The 1.5inch drop that the manufacturer guarantees seems like just what I'm looking for.

Any pics? Any stories from purchasers? Thanks guys.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:56 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not an AP1 but look should be similar. Little tough to see with the rim color... Ride was good touch taughter then the stock set-up. I ran them for about a year with no issues or complaints but switched over to coil-overs when I went for a bit more drop and looking to get a bit faster on the Auto-X.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:34 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Dont they also make a H-tech spring? I think (not sure) the H-tech is a bit softer. I'm thinking of going that direction.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Paperboy7777
What are your opinions and experiences with the Tein S-Tech Springs for the AP1 ???
I'm looking into buying these to add an aggressive look to my S2k while preserving the"perfectly" balanced trait of the s2k (which is so often bragged about) ???

You do realize, that lowering springs do not "preserve" any balance of your car.

After changing the ride heights of a car, you have to get a corner balance in order to preserve any balance in the car.

You can't corner balance a car with lowering springs.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:04 AM

there good, i had them on my S(in my sig) for about a year n a half and it rode nice and had a good 1" drop but youll eventually want coilovers, i would just save up for some buddy club n+ coilovers and call it a day. there pretty cheep for coilovers.....plus with the coilovers you can fully adjust the height and imo the ride is much more stiffer but also tight and feels more secure. When i would go over bumps or go through turns fast, the springs actually seemed to take performance and alot of drivabilty fun away. Plus if your planning on making this a show car springs wont cut it for the drop needed. youll eventually regret spending the 200$ on springs. Just save for another month or so and do it right

Im not saying there bad springs but once you start to lower your car, its like boost, you cant just leave it alone lol youll eventually want to go lower for the more "real" lowered look.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:07 AM

but if you want some s techs ill sell you my old ones ^_^ Ill let them go for $160 shipped. lol let me know!
Old 05-23-2011, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by robinson
Originally Posted by Paperboy7777' timestamp='1306142131' post='20604390

You do realize, that lowering springs do not "preserve" any balance of your car.

After changing the ride heights of a car, you have to get a corner balance in order to preserve any balance in the car.

You can't corner balance a car with lowering springs.

this is the type of info I was looking for, so what exactly is a corner balance? Sorry if I sound like a noob, I'm really not...only when it comes to suspension setups.

And to the rest of you guys thanks for the advice, I'm hearing opinions that I needed to hear.
Now Idk if I should save up for the coilovers or just go for the dropped look for now and get these springs.

Me personally, would prefer to maintain performance while getting a dropped look
Old 05-23-2011, 04:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just lowered my s on these 4 days ago, and its not enough of a drop for me, I thought 1.5 inches wouldve been enough buts it's not... I wish I would've just waited and got coil overs.... I'm just gonna stick with these for a while til I save up for some coil overs
Old 05-23-2011, 04:54 PM

my buddy had them on his car when he got it.. the ride was HORRIBLE but it sat much lower then my s when i bought it. I also got the s techs about a month ago and i have to say the ride really wasnt noticeably different then my stock shocks. If i had to guess i'd say with the drop the springs blow quick so thats probably the difference between my buddies and mine. i got mine for like 150 off ebay brand new. if i were you id get them for a quick lower and then save up for buddy clubs
Old 05-23-2011, 04:55 PM

if you want pics i can take some. mines an 01 berlina

Quick Reply: Opinions on Tein S-Tech Springs?