S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Remember the aftermarket headlight thread?

Old 03-01-2011, 12:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone know why the change to fresnel lens in the 06+? Why make a good thing bad? The clear lens is the most preferred lens.
Old 03-02-2011, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by gyrofx
anyone know why the change to fresnel lens in the 06+? Why make a good thing bad? The clear lens is the most preferred lens.
DOT regulations required it. The sharp cutoff of the AP1 projector on a car with stiff suspension causes the beam to bounce and oncoming traffic perceives this bounc or "flicker" as being high-beamed. With the fresnel lens you get a much softer cutoff which greatly reduces the "flicker" effect but decreases the quality of your output.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:09 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I am going to buy a set on Ebay. Yup I AM going to DO IT. I will be the test dumby. I hope for the best results. I am getting the black housing ones, and I hope for the best.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by OneSilverS2k
I am going to buy a set on Ebay. Yup I AM going to DO IT. I will be the test dumby. I hope for the best results. I am getting the black housing ones, and I hope for the best.
I respect your boldness... but unless your stocks are done for, don't be the guinea pig. The fact that these aftermarket headlights have been so talked about and prevalent on ebay means someone has purchased them. A supplier is even a sponsor. Why hasn't anyone who purchased them spoken up already?
Old 03-17-2011, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by emac0408
I respect your boldness... but unless your stocks are done for, don't be the guinea pig. The fact that these aftermarket headlights have been so talked about and prevalent on ebay means someone has purchased them. A supplier is even a sponsor. Why hasn't anyone who purchased them spoken up already?
You make a good point, my tabs are broken on mine and well, I just love everything new. Also I would like to test these out, if they're good people will buy them, why hasn't anyone tired these jesus.. I don't want to sound liek I am making our cars sound less Superior, but for god damn sakes we own S2000's not Ferrari's..
Old 03-18-2011, 05:41 AM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Good, at least someone will be able to give actual feedback, and not trying to convince everyone that Honda developed a superior mass-produced piece of semi-circle glass.
Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT
Good, at least someone will be able to give actual feedback, and not trying to convince everyone that Honda developed a superior mass-produced piece of semi-circle glass.
You obviously have no idea how an HID projector optic works. It is quite a bit more involved than just some "piece of semi-circle glass"
This is an AP1 S2000 OEM projector:

The OEM S2000 HID projector is consistently ranked above most Lexus, Mercedes and BMW HID projectors in performance. Do you think that if Honda's projector is that good that some China made aftermarket unit has the same type of design quality? I wish it was but I have spent the last 5 years tinkering with all types of aftermarket and OEM HID projectors and there is no comparison to OEM with the stuff you find on Ebay in these crappy aftermarket lamps.

There are large online communities dedicated to HID projector conversions and tinkering with them for better performance like this site:
HID Planet

I wish people would research stuff they know nothing about instead of making assumptions.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by JLUDE
I wish people would research stuff they know nothing about instead of making assumptions.
You didn't research the halo headlights that you say are inferior to stock. You are just assuming they are as cheap as any other inexpensive e-bay headlight. But I have to say that is a safe assumption IMO.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:00 PM

Still amazes me no one has yet to buy any set of those.. I really hope they're damn nice I am goign to contact the seller and get some more info.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:50 AM

I purchased a set last night, 390.00 + 45.00 shipping.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Most people do not know these are DOT certified, and are even in the plastic for proof.. I am very curious to see how well these work. Since no one on here has bought a set I figured I would do the forum a favor. If they suck well then you know to never buy them, if there are great, well some of you may be looking into getting these. I should have them here Next week sometime.

Quick Reply: Remember the aftermarket headlight thread?