New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

2011 EVENTS THREAD

Old 01-21-2011, 04:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2011 EVENTS THREAD

NOTES
This event thread is locked because otherwise it would become a chat thread and nobody would ever be able to find details

If you want to head up an event, contact me and give me some details so we can discuss it. I must be consulted prior to an event being scheduled, this has to happen because it eliminates a lot of hurt feelings because of multiple events being scheduled on the same weekend or too close to each other

Upstate is huge, it's 450-500 miles from Jamestown, NY to Plattsburgh, NY and 350-400 miles from Buffalo to Poughkeepsie and that's just Upstate, factoring in how some of the outlying members are closer to members of New England Region compared to someone on the other side of Upstate and you can see, Upstate serves a really huge area with lots of members. And I know, from lots of experience, the only way to make that happen is through organization, thus it is critical information comes to me first and flows through me. Thanks. I'm just trying my best to make this a great community and all I ask is communicate with me first about an event you want to do, please don't be a rogue agent.

6/5 - SUNDAY
3rd Annual Formula H Honda Car Show
Details thread - https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/852...onda-car-show/

7/10 - SUNDAY
Car Show for Spay and Neuter Group
Event thread - https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/853...ls-montgomery/

7/16 SATURDAY
Upstate Big Zip Drive Albany /Saratoga Area
Spearheaded by Dave

Resurrected Big Zip drive , we will be meeting up in Clifton Park at the Dunkin Donuts next to the Mobil station at exit 9 of the Northway (87). From there we will head North to the country roads of Saratoga and Washington counties. We will be stopping on the way back at the famous Ice Cream Man in Greenwich. Home of countless flavors of homemade ice cream and noted for having been the subject of a throwdown with Bobby Flay on TV's Food Network. Afterwards we will continue back to Clifton Park and stop for beverages and food if desired. Meeting at 10am and finishing at 3-4ish ( I am still putting final touches on the route.
More details can be found in the event thread - https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/874...big-zip-drive/

7/30 - SATURDAY
Solidarity Drive for Levi- The drive will be through the Lake Champlain Valley in Essex County, starting near Ticonderoga New York.
Jeff (blueosprey90) is the main contact
As we get closer to the event all the details you need to know will be added into this thread.

8/13 SATURDAY
Upstate's Tri-State Drive
Aash is spearheading this event
Start the drive in Albany and crossover into Massachussets and head up to Vermont, from where we will be crossing back into New York, back again to Vermont, Massachussets and New York. This drive will feature the infamous 11 mile stretch of Pond Road as well as another road suggested by Mark355. Drive is expected to start at 10AM and is expected to conclude at 4:30 PM. There will be no stop for lunch unlike last time where we lost a lot of time and received mediocre service. We shall stop for late lunch/early dinner in the East Greenbush area.
As we get closer to the event all the details you need to know will be added into this thread.

10/1 SATURDAY
Rensselaer-Columbia Drive
Aash is spearheading this event
A scenic drive around the back roads of Rensselaer and Columbia counties. Drive will start in Rensselaer county and will proceed along lakes and water bodies into Columbia county. This is expected to be a scenic drive and hopefully fall foliage will be at its peak.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OLD STUFF BEING SAVED
3/19 - SATURDAY
Upstate V&V
See thread for details
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=846467

3/27 - SUNDAY
Upstate Albany Region - Brown's Brewery Lunch Cures Cabin Fever
https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/849...s-cabin-fever/
In 2009 and 2010 we had meets this weekend in March, let the tradition continue! Hopefully our weather will co-operate once again in 2011.
S2000s are optional, non S will run in the back - strictly enforced If weather is bad, meet will be postponed - optional rain dates are Apri 3rd or April 9th.
We'll meet at 12 noon - Albany Pump Station, 19 Quackenbush Square, Albany, NY 12207 - 518-447-9000

5/7 - SATURDAY
Upstate Saratoga Auto Museum & Great Lake Sacandaga Tour - Albany Area Drive
Aash is spearheading this one
The event thread - https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/856...acandaga-tour/
Here is the basic info
Drive Details
- Drive starts in Clifton Park, up to Saratoga Auto Museum.
- From Saratoga Museum on to Saratoga Winery
- From Winery we drive around Great Lake Sacandaga and return to Clifton Park.
- Final Destination in Clifton Park may be Klamsteam's Tavern. I sent Jeff (S2KNFR) a PM asking if its a big enough place to accomodate all of us. If not, I will find another location.
- Drive Time: Expect to start at 10 AM from McDonalds Parking lot in Clifton Park (same location as last year). Drive is expected to conclude around 5:00 PM in Clifton Park.
- There will be no stops for food on the drive. People are expected to get a bite at the McDonalds.