S2000 Brakes and Suspension Discussions about S2000 brake and suspension systems.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Sake Bomb

Adjusting camber: help *pics*

Old 09-12-2010, 09:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Adjusting camber: help *pics*

I'm trying to get the max camber out of my rear end and I can only get -1.7 & -1.9 while other people easily achieve -2.5 upwards of -3 degrees.

Did the following:
-I just installed some HKS lowering springs to replace my cut springs from PO.
-Got alignment done, REAR camber was maxed out @ -1.7 & -1.9
- I played around with the rear camber adjustment eccentric bolt and my camber hardly changed at all. I couldnt get any more out of it.. My parking brake was on, but i doubt that would have made a big difference.

WHAT GIVES? And who has some suggestions? The suspension parts look straight to me, so if there is any bends

Snapshot of service manual below
Will this bar allow in the link below allow me to get more camber because it looks like it replaces the suspension rod that is used for camber adjustment?

http://www.godspeedproject.com/store/index...roducts_id=1064

Old 09-12-2010, 09:48 AM

Apparently the manual isnt clear and this didnt make sense to me when i was messing with it. The camber adjustment eccentric bolts are at the 2 bottom pivots of the LCA.. And you adjust toe by turning both camber bolts in opposite direction. So, the initial camber adjustment will change the toe and the re-adjustment of toe might change the camber.

I snagged this picture from http://www.herbys53.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3079

Name:  RearSuspension2B.jpg
Views: 16063
Size:  59.3 KB
Old 09-12-2010, 03:07 PM

just re-adjusted the rear camber before I drop it off for monday morning alignment.

Looks like they were right. I couldnt get more camber..
Now I gotta figure out if the subframe, LCA, UCA or the hubs are bent :/
Old 09-12-2010, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Siccished,Sep 12 2010, 09:48 AM
Apparently the manual isnt clear and this didnt make sense to me when i was messing with it. The camber adjustment eccentric bolts are at the 2 bottom pivots of the LCA.. And you adjust toe by turning both camber bolts in opposite direction. So, the initial camber adjustment will change the toe and the re-adjustment of toe might change the camber.

I snagged this picture from http://www.herbys53.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3079

your pic is still the rear. there is no front camber adjustment there. your pic that you labeled "front camber adjuster" is really your toe for the rear.

So are you trying to go more positive? your camber is at or near factory specs.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by rydelow,Sep 12 2010, 07:42 PM
your pic is still the rear. there is no front camber adjustment there. your pic that you labeled "front camber adjuster" is really your toe for the rear.

So are you trying to go more positive? your camber is at or near factory specs.
The service manual shows the front adjuster is for camber and it doesnt mention the rear adjusting bolt. The FSM also says that you use a combination of BOTH adjusters to adjust for toe.

My alignment specs are close to stock when maxed out. Thats my problem!
I want to get -2.5 degrees of camber in the back, but my adjustments are maxed out. I dont know what the problem is.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by rydelow,Sep 12 2010, 09:42 PM
Wow...that was a post that I made on Herbys53 a couple of years ago. The picture that is shown above shows the two eccentrics that are used to adjust the rear camber. Yes, the front one is mainly there for toe adjustment and the rearward one primarily adjusts camber. But...both of them impact rear toe and rear camber. When adjusting rear camber, you need to work with both of the eccentrics to tune camber/toe at the same time.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Siccished,Sep 12 2010, 08:15 PM
The service manual shows the front adjuster is for camber and it doesnt mention the rear adjusting bolt. The FSM also says that you use a combination of BOTH adjusters to adjust for toe.

My alignment specs are close to stock when maxed out. Thats my problem!
I want to get -2.5 degrees of camber in the back, but my adjustments are maxed out. I dont know what the problem is.
Well now that I know you want more neg in the rear and are maxxed out, something must be bent from that accident. Bring your car to get checked out at a body shop or try to get realigned somewhere else.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:57 PM

FIXED!!! Looks like my suspicions were correct. The first guy @ firestone that did the alignment probably didnt adjust both the front and rear eccentric bolts at the rear LCA like the FSM says. He probably only adjusted one of them because you need to adjust both F & R for both camber and toe.

The new guy that re-did the alignment got me within the specs I wanted.
I put a post it note on the dash and left a print out of the alignment sheets straight from the FSM.

After I adjusted the camber myself:

Before (rears):
-3.4Left -3.0 Right

After
-2.4Left -2.5 Right