S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

What is wrong with stock FPR thing?

Old 07-28-2010, 08:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Thumbs up What is wrong with stock FPR thing?

Well I decided to check out the washer by the stock fpr thing on the fuel rail as I have heard that can cause to pressure drop above 6k when boosted as I have been running lean there.
I checked the washer and seems to be flat against the rail so don't think that is the issue. The fpr thing had a rattle inside so I popped the plastic cover off and there is a screw and rubber gasket loose there. I tried to screw it into the hole on the top but it won't screw into anything.
Anybody know whats up with that?

Here are a couple pictures to show the screw and gasket I am talking about.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Also there are 2 washers. The one completely round one and then the one with the jagged edge thing. Do they have to go a certain way? The round regular flat washer I had on the bottom.

I was able to get that screw and gasket back in by pushing down pretty hard so nice and tight now.
But took it for a spin and didn't fix anything. So wondering if I somehow have the washers messed up or something.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same problem except the screw on mine somehow had the threads damaged/stripped. I replaced it with another one I had from another rail.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:00 AM

thats called a pulsation dampener. it tries to keep the pressure inside the rail steady while the injectors are opening and closing and creating imbalances and pulses. they prolong the life of the injector and help control the entering and exiting fuel pressure. basically they try and keep the fuel steady and constant.

if the screw has fallen out, it has become useless as they are set from the factory at a precise rate. time to get a new one.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmm I had a similar problem, the screw was loose. I just screwed it back in. Does it have to be tighten a certain way?
Old 07-28-2010, 10:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Well I don't think that was actually an issue as it made no difference after I was able to screw it back in.

I have read that the washers were in incorrectly before there onto the fuel rail. How would they be if in there wrong? Looked and everything seemed normal but maybe I don't know what I am looking for.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by Moddiction,Jul 28 2010, 01:46 PM
Well I don't think that was actually an issue as it made no difference after I was able to screw it back in.

I have read that the washers were in incorrectly before there onto the fuel rail. How would they be if in there wrong? Looked and everything seemed normal but maybe I don't know what I am looking for.
it makes a difference at high pressure and duty cycle. trust me. the injectors will be slamming open and closed. it will basically beat itself up from the inside out. thats why the dampener is on there to begin with. that pressurized diaphragm inside the mechanism needs to be a certain tightness as well. they are like 90 dollars if i remember correctly.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:54 PM

btw, you have some super cool and very neat parts!

as soon as i get my setup finished(tuned and rock solid and reliable) i wil be purchasing numerous things from you. lol
Old 07-28-2010, 01:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by teamvalorracing,Jul 28 2010, 04:53 PM
it makes a difference at high pressure and duty cycle. trust me. the injectors will be slamming open and closed. it will basically beat itself up from the inside out. thats why the dampener is on there to begin with. that pressurized diaphragm inside the mechanism needs to be a certain tightness as well. they are like 90 dollars if i remember correctly.
Ah interesting. Well I tightened it back up but just tightened it till it wouldn't tighten anymore with a small screw driver. So not sure how it. It was hard to get it started so maybe something was stripped and didn't screw in correctly I am not sure.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:20 PM

The washers installed wrong would be the regular (smaller washer) installed on top on the fuel line on the banjo bolt. The small washer goes at bottom of banjo bolt, then fuel line, then jagged looking washer on top of that, then pulsation dampener.

Quick Reply: What is wrong with stock FPR thing?