Seller Feedback Please post seller feedback, good or bad, in this forum.

How Rick (a.k.a. s4play) screwed me over!

Old 05-24-2010, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Rick (a.k.a. s4play) screwed me over!

Let me begin by saying that I am not one to start trouble, but at the same time with enough merit I am not one to roll over and ignore when I have been misled or lied to. I purchased s4play’s(Rick’s) S2000 back in august of last year, and after much negotiating we came to what I believe is a very fair price. I confirmed with Rick several times that if I purchased the vehicle, it would be exactly as pictured on the for sale post, which he assured me it was complete with all the shown upgrades(saying that the vehicle had been going through some changes, but all improvements). I then flew out to California to pick-up the vehicle and to drive it home. I was very excited and kinda screwed because I flew out and there was no way to leave but an unscheduled flight home. Once there I began to drive home I slowly found that the depi gauges/ gauge pod and control unit was removed, blue tooth hardware removed, carbon fiber mirror removed, turbo timer removed, radar detector removed, and all the ALL arc covers removed(cooling plate and battery cover). I later called and he stated that the car was under constant change and those where some of the changes, but there were no “improvements”, just components removed. As I was driving it home the stereo kept cutting out, after calling Rick several times, he explained that he had no idea why it was happening. Fast forward to this weekend, I finally reached my breaking point! While rebuilding the interior and the stereo I found that not only did he swap out an alpine pdx 4.100 for a crappy alpine v2 model that was shorting out, but he had totally removed an additional amp, leaving the hot wire taped off and stuffed into a cubby hole. I believe I have been misled and basically ripped off by someone who has a “good” reputation, which I must say I will fight that argument till I die from this day forward!!! Thank you for reading my story, and I hope this helps someone in the future.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:07 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you were supposed to be ready for a fly back.

he has your money now. from PA to CA, meh. i dont think you will get anything back.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:15 PM

It depends how you look at it... What you call removing of components, he might see it as weight reduction, which in turn would be an improvement in some peoples eyes.

That sux bro... I personally would never buy a car I haven't been able to see in person first and the only time money would leave my hands is when I am taking delivery with a final inspection of the vehicle just to make sure it is what it is.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:16 PM

I know that battle is already lost, just try'n to get the word out! I know that my money is spent, and I wanted the car so much that it clouded my judgement(still love the car but now I need to spend more money to get what I thaught I already paid for). I just wish I wasn't misled and taken advantage of. I tracked all the past posts and know what he had installled and due to his positive feedback I thaught I could trust him, live and learn!
Old 05-24-2010, 03:02 PM

was it clear what was included and not included before you flew out here to get it from him? already tried contacting him with no resolution?
Old 05-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by S2KCRAZY,May 24 2010, 11:16 AM
I confirmed with Rick several times that if I purchased the vehicle, it would be exactly as pictured on the for sale post, which he assured me it was complete with all the shown upgrades(saying that the vehicle had been going through some changes, but all improvements).
Old 05-24-2010, 07:44 PM

That sucks man but why didn't you check out the whole car before driving away? I mean its sorta like a big purchase right? anyways like you said... live and learn don't make the same mistake again.

congrats on your new purchase though may I ask how much you paid? This guy likes to jack up the prices on all his parts. He has a powder coated oem valve cover hes trying to sell for $350+ shipping.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:11 PM

Received 64 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by creatives2k,May 24 2010, 07:44 PM
This guy likes to jack up the prices on all his parts. He has a powder coated oem valve cover hes trying to sell for $350+ shipping.

a real spoon valve cover is $375.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ill wait on both sides of the story before I take a side. I dont wana jump the gun prematurely.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by creatives2k,May 24 2010, 10:44 PM
This guy likes to jack up the prices on all his parts. He has a powder coated oem valve cover hes trying to sell for $350+ shipping.
I cant say I blame him, most S2KI shoppers are vultures that will pay retail and sometimes more for used ass parts, if theres a market and someone will pay then power to him to make a turn around. No one has to buy overpriced shit, let the sell choke on it if its unreasonable priced.

Quick Reply: How Rick (a.k.a. s4play) screwed me over!