S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

FlashPro O2 cat delete

Old 02-02-2011, 04:32 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by blacks2k06,Feb 1 2011, 08:10 PM
But I just can't wait to get the flashpro in. I've been reading nearly every single thread with Gernby in it lol
There's something about the FlashPro that gets all my geek juices flowing ...
Old 02-02-2011, 04:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by blacks2k06,Feb 1 2011, 11:45 PM
Well I just reflashed to the Toda setup and the CEL disappeared... Hopefully it stays that way. Now I need to do something about my 14.0 AFR. I'll ask this question on the relevant thread.
The ECU will be reset every time you flash it, just as if you disconnected the battery. The CEL will probably come back on. Did you check the DTC code before it was cleared?
Old 02-02-2011, 05:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gernby,Feb 2 2011, 08:33 AM
The ECU will be reset every time you flash it, just as if you disconnected the battery. The CEL will probably come back on. Did you check the DTC code before it was cleared?
This.
Mine would return after a few miles of driving. Only true fix is the new O2 sensor.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by blacks2k06
This CEL isn't necessarily bad for your car is it? It's just annoying for the light to be on correct?
Where I live, you're not going to pass inspection w/ a CEL on, and I just learned that clearing the code right before driving there doesn't work anymore either, since now the cats have to get ready after code clearing, which per the inspection guy often takes ~70 miles of driving. I remember w/ my former '97 Supra Turbo (about 10 years ago) just re-setting the ECU and hurrying up to the inspection place before a CEL re-appeared!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please forgive me if this has already been covered, this thread is looooong and it's late.

I have an 08 CR with under 6k miles on it. I'm running a test pipe with the secondary o2 turned off. I reflashed it maybe a hundred miles ago and I just got the P2A00 code. I know I hit vtec at low throttle earlier on the same drive. Obviously (to me) the issue is with the reflash. My question is, if I replace the sensor is this going to fix the problem for good or am I going to encounter this again sooner or later? I don't feel like dropping a couple hundred bucks multiple times but I'd be happy to do it once if it is a permanent fix.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I keep reading that most people have gotten the cat code. So far I have logged 1600 miles since my tune and have yet to receive a check engine light.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Community Organizer

Received 77 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by CBR2200
Please forgive me if this has already been covered, this thread is looooong and it's late.

I have an 08 CR with under 6k miles on it. I'm running a test pipe with the secondary o2 turned off. I reflashed it maybe a hundred miles ago and I just got the P2A00 code. I know I hit vtec at low throttle earlier on the same drive. Obviously (to me) the issue is with the reflash. My question is, if I replace the sensor is this going to fix the problem for good or am I going to encounter this again sooner or later? I don't feel like dropping a couple hundred bucks multiple times but I'd be happy to do it once if it is a permanent fix.
FWIW, my friend had his o2 sensor replaced under warranty last year and the CEL has not returned. Since the replacement he went with a TP and Header running the Toda tune and it seems to run great!
Old 10-17-2011, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sorry to dig this thread out of the grave. Im actually in a really sh*tty/semi unique situation because of my stupidity. Long story short, I purchased my berk test pipe with the fixed o2 extension about 3 years ago. Of course i got a CEL, but just learned to live with it (owned many hondas in the past and just really use to it tbh haha). Ive recently moved down from seattle and have this huge ticket for not registering my car in the state of nevada, so i have 1 month to hurry and fix this so i can get this ticket reduced. I went to a local car shop (called hondoctors haha, works specifically on hondas etc) and theyve installed an extender using the smallest jet and a few hundred miles later, i got the CEL again. Im actually in the process of looking for a cat (i lost mine in the move) but thought i would go the Hondata reflash route. I was explained by the owner of the shop that if i got a reflash, i wouldnt have to get a cat, but now after i ran into this thread, i have a really bad feeling about not passing. Long story short, I dont really want to dump more than 1k into this car at the moment. It looks like I might simply have a bad primary o2 sensor. My car is a MY06 with 63k miles. Having no cat at this moment, is it safe to assume that the dealership will tell me that its not covered under warantee if i stroll in there with my berk test pipe? I really just want this CEL light to go away/pass emissions, but it would be cool to get a hondata flashpro while im at it. Any help is REALLY appreciated. God, cars can be soo stressful, I wish i just left everything stock ...
Old 02-15-2012, 05:08 PM

CEL P2A00 came up after a fresh FlashPro install.
My tuner said the sensor was intermittently lagging before the CEL even came up so I'm guessing it somehow died over time.

The OEM replacement part looks very different.
It seems Honda has redesigned the sensor. It went from part # 36531-PZX-003 to 36531-PZX-013 (didn't see this in the TSB) and it now has a green harness instead of blue. The tip looks different as well. I'll post a picture later.

I'm guessing what's happening is we have the updated FP firmware to use the new sensor but it sees the old sensor and somehow burns it.

I'm wondering if Honda would have picked up my replacement bill...

Old 02-15-2012, 07:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The direct replacement sensor can be bought off of ebay for 120 dollars. Mine went out at 62k miles. Not a big deal, just buy a new one and replace. O2 sensors fail, its just a fact of life. I have replaced thousands in my 18 years as a tech. The part number is Den 234-9065.

Quick Reply: FlashPro O2 cat delete