UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

I broke my alarm!! Can anyone help me fix it!! :(

Old 05-06-2002, 11:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I broke my alarm!! Can anyone help me fix it!! :(

Morning,

I fitted my Aus Leather Console cover at the weekend (which is great) and broke my alarm/central locking at the same time (not so great)!? My little red light for the alarm no longer flashes and my remote locking does not work?
To fit the cover I had to disconect the hazard lights. roof switch and light washers as I had to lift off the plastic gearstick surround but I was not aware that I had meddled with the alarm in any way.
I have investigated where the wire for the little red alarm bulb goes to and the wire just disappears down the drivers side of the console under the upholstery.
Does anyone know what Ive done or how to fix it? It appears Ive just lost power to the alarm.

Thanks for any help/advice,

Churchy
Old 05-07-2002, 12:16 AM

Hi Churchy, is it possible that you have shorted the wires to themselves or earth? You did disconnect the battery earth before you took the console cover out??

Does the remote locking system work if you use the old (three buttoned) key fob. If not, it's the vehicle electrics rather than the alarm. The roof controller, window controller and locking systems are interconnected. Maybe you've blown a fuse there.

Assuming that the central locking works, but not the alarm, which is most likely. You will not find any reference to the alarm in the handbook, as it is fitted in the UK. I assume that you have the Honda CAT1 T2? Have you checked the fuses for the alarm? In my car there is a fuse block (IIRC five fuses) hanging down from under the dashboard. The alarm wiring loom is completely separate, so it should be easy to find. It's also possible that if you've pulled on the LED wire, that it could have strained a connection on the loom, I don't know where it picks up power. The alarm itself is usually fitted under the bonnet, near the righthand front wheel arch. If everything looks ok, it may be worth resetting the system by disconnecting and reconnecting the battery earth.

Good luck!
Old 05-07-2002, 12:27 AM

oh bugger! I did not disconnect before removing the panel and have not got any old style fob?
The central locking works but only if I use the key in the lock and not the fob to set it.
I will try to check the fuses but if its not obvious it looks like its going to be a call to my local alarm dealer here in Egham. MORE MONEY!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Thanks for your help
Churchy
Old 05-07-2002, 12:43 AM

Don't understand the alarm wiring
BUT
it looks like there is a fuse in the box to the right of the steering column - #15 'keyless entry' - page 273 - could you have blown this???
Old 05-07-2002, 01:12 AM

I've checked the shop manual. The built in keyless entry and the door lock both operate through the same control both. This is the Keyless Door Lock Control Unit which is behind the driver's side kick panel. I'm very confused about the fuses. The shop manual says fuses 5 and 26, but this is because it's numbered bottom up. The owners manual is top down This does relate to fuse #15 and the interior lights.

I guess the good news is that the door locking system is fine The problem must be on the alarm itself, or the way it interfaces. I'm not sure what to suggest on the alarm, other than to check that it's got power.