S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Throttle Position Sensor Jacked?

Old 11-27-2008, 12:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey joeyballs, did you ever find out what tps sensor it is? mine's goin out as well and couldnt find it on their website
Old 12-09-2008, 08:00 AM

Nice work! As a fellow solid works user, I'm impressed you modeled the whole throttle body!

I see there are a few TPS offered from Omni. Can you tell us which one you used?

http://www.omnipowerusa.com/product.asp?P_ID=137
Old 01-19-2009, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by turbo pup' date='Dec 9 2008, 09:00 AM
Nice work! As a fellow solid works user, I'm impressed you modeled the whole throttle body!

I see there are a few TPS offered from Omni. Can you tell us which one you used?

http://www.omnipowerusa.com/product.asp?P_ID=137
TO answer some of the questions (since no one has officially answered the question), yes, get the one for the civic/integra (was 79.99 at omni's website jan 2008). I've replaced mine and it works perfectly, this DIY saved me big time, thanks S2kart (and joeyballs for helping me find the right tps from omni)..

I wanted to add a few tips for those doing this in the future..

You don't have to buzz off the flanges completely, all you do is cut it in this manner, this way you have good support for your washer:

my tps had alot of grime in it:

and to those who was wondering like me (before i opened her up), this is what it looks like.. the plastic notch on the tps should line up to the aluminum looking notch in the throttle body

And another tip, my car is a 2000, and the old gasket was very brittle.. i'd recommend getting a new one.. My car runs perfect now (now i gotta get a new air pump for my other cell. lol)

Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 PM

i am currently having TPS problem now.. can anyone tell me would the omni power sensor work on an 07 S2000??
Old 09-24-2010, 10:15 PM
mkp
Spammer

I must say that the issue you are facing right now has been reported in many other cars as well. I really do not know as to why these cars just will not throw a DTC. I do not know what is it that is preventing th4e cars from doing it. Anyway, if replacing the whole throttle body with a ratty sensor worked, so will it be the case with the rest of the cars, hopefully.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So if the Omni TPS is the same as the Civic, and I can find Civic TPS's on ebay for $15 shipped which list the same vehicles as the Omni, will the $15 ebay ones work?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Throttle-Po...#ht_1966wt_1070
Old 10-09-2010, 07:45 PM

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by liquid_iq,Oct 9 2010, 08:10 PM
So if the Omni TPS is the same as the Civic, and I can find Civic TPS's on ebay for $15 shipped which list the same vehicles as the Omni, will the $15 ebay ones work?

In for this info
Old 10-10-2010, 09:28 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

awesome post! thanks bud
Old 05-14-2011, 02:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by liquid_iq

Well guys I finally had time and the gumption to try this. I dremeled the screws and removed them (I used an "L" shaped specialty flathead screwdriver to get them started). I took out the top one and took the wife's car to Ace Hardware and picked up two similar ones with allen heads. I didn't notice when I was comparing them with the stock one on the car, but the Civic TPS connector is rotated about 60 degrees farther around, so when it is installed it is pointing at about 5 o'clock down. You can still get at it to install the connector, but it is tough to meter the pins to tell when you have it adjusted correctly (500-900 ohms on pins 1 and 2 with the throttle fully closed).

I have an intermittent idle problem, sometimes as the revs are returning to idle it passes right through the normal idle speed and almost stalls, then the revs bounce back. On really hot days with the AC on it is the worst. And yes, I replaced the IAC with a new one about a year ago and nothing changed. The same is true with this TPS - the problem still persists. But there is some good news, it runs just like it did with the stock one. The manual states that if you find the TPS to be bad, you should replace the throttle body. So this $15 sensor replacement is much quicker and cheaper.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:47 PM

liquid_iq, I'm having this same issue with mine. It is giving me DTCs for misfire on cylinders 1,3,4 and one for random misfire when it happens. Did you figure out what was causing your problems? I've been trying to track it down myself but haven't had any luck. I even went as far as taking it to a couple shops here and all they could tell me is that its the gas that I am using. I've tried every gas station in the surrounding three counties with no change so that can't be it.

Quick Reply: Throttle Position Sensor Jacked?