S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM...HOW THE #$$% DO YOU RESET IT...

Old 01-21-2001, 08:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I came back after 12 days of traveling and tried to start the car and the S2000 will not start. I noticed a green key shaped light continued to appear in the instrument panel, so I decided to read the manual. I read the manual and it states if the continues to appear try to take out you key and try to start the car again. I continued to try that and the car will not start. The manual also states that if the light continues to appear in a blinking form, call your Honda dealer.

Apperantly if the starter system does not recognize your key the light will continue to appear and blink. So apparently all three of my keys are not being recognized by the starter system...My @#!%@$@^%$^%

My question is, has this happened to anyone, or does anyone know how to reset this system.

I am just so pissed off...

Please help, thanks.

FK
Old 01-21-2001, 09:26 PM

Old 01-22-2001, 03:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear of the problem. This has been brought up before, but I don't remember the final outcome. It has been suggested that EM/RF emitters like Mobil Speed Pass and certain OTHER immobilizer-type keys on the same key ring may cause this type of problem. If it really is that all of your keys are not working, time to take a flat bed trip back to the dealer (should be covered by the new car warrantee). Good luck and please tell us how this works out.
Old 01-22-2001, 04:03 AM

Originally posted by CoralDoc
Sorry to hear of the problem. This has been brought up before, but I don't remember the final outcome. It has been suggested that EM/RF emitters like Mobil Speed Pass and certain OTHER immobilizer-type keys on the same key ring may cause this type of problem. If it really is that all of your keys are not working, time to take a flat bed trip back to the dealer (should be covered by the new car warrantee). Good luck and please tell us how this works out.
Have had the speed pass on the same key ring as the S2K key for 10 months. As a matter of fact they are right next to each other. No problems
Old 01-22-2001, 06:28 AM

Whoa! Deja-Vu all over again. My car is finally being flatbedded to the dealership tomorrow. Same exact problem. I went to start my car after not using it for about a month. Same thing, although I wasn't so quick to figure out that the immobilizer was the source of my problem. My car does not recognize any of my keys.

If you want, send me an e-mail with your e-mail address or phone #. I'm going to be at my dealership tomorrow with my car. I'll let you know what happens.

Two separate S2K's, similar scenario. Same problem. S2K fans Stay tuned.

-- Tom
tlabetti@yahoo.com
Old 01-22-2001, 11:18 AM

Well, I had the car flat bedded to the dealer this morning. The dealer doesn
Old 01-22-2001, 01:46 PM

Was your car locked? Did you unlock it by putting the key in the door or using the remote? I remember reading about another car brand that required a particular order to unlock and start after left locked for a week. I would try a couple locking-unlocking combo's.
Old 01-22-2001, 03:39 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Please humor me on this one......

Both cars sat for a period of time in cold climates. Both cars failed to start with any of the supplied keys. Could one of you connect an external battery or jumpers to your car and let me know if the green key light goes out....The batteries on the S2K are small gel cells. I'm dying to know and it could save you a trip on the truck.
Old 01-22-2001, 05:07 PM

Dude, (UTAH_S2K), the jumper cable was my first solution. Its not that the car is not cranking, Oh, it cranks but you can totally tell from the sounds of it that there is no fuel circulating into the engine. I tried jumping the car for over 45 minutes
Old 01-31-2001, 06:01 AM

I'm also having this same problem this morning. The car won't start. The starter is working fine. The immobilizer light is blinking. I tried different keys.

Possibly a coincidence, but this is happening this morning after taking the car to a Honda dealer last night to have a headlight replaced.

Quick Reply: IMMOBILIZER SYSTEM...HOW THE #$$% DO YOU RESET IT...