S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Sticky / Rough / Squeaky clutch pedal

Old 07-01-2011, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lilsharky
Originally Posted by NoRegrets78' timestamp='1309448291' post='20734834
Leaking from the attachment bolts or the banjo? If its the attachment bolts you may have a larger problem. The banjo someone else will have to chime in on as I haven't had to work on that yet.
aww man it is leaking from the attachment bolts..whats the problem now? all i did was bleed the damn clutch and got the air in it that i got out already. i drove around for a couple of days until shifted at around 8k the other day and the clutch wouldn't come back up.
The 2 bolts holding the slave to the tranny are not meant to be drain bolts, if you have fluid coming from that location either your tranny housing is cracked or your slave is. Can you post pics?
Old 07-02-2011, 01:43 AM

ok i feel really dumb now. the bleed screw came loose. i got paranoid when the diy on s2kca said not to tighten it and just make it snug since the bleed screw is really weak. ill report back tomorrow when i re-bleed it and tighten the bleed screw.
Old 07-03-2011, 02:22 PM

Thanks all, I got it done.

I noticed that the clutch pedal goes down MUCH easier without a lot resistance now.

It kind of shocked me and I thought I did something wrong.

I used to have to put some force into pushing the clutch pedal, but now it goes down so smoothly that it totally feels weird.

Drove it around and no problems driving or shifting though.

Umm.....is this a good thing? eheheh...
Old 07-03-2011, 08:05 PM

I'm having the exact same experience. I'm gonna rebleed it and see if its the same thing. Have you taken the S through vtec yet?
Old 07-05-2011, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Passions
Thanks all, I got it done.

I noticed that the clutch pedal goes down MUCH easier without a lot resistance now.

It kind of shocked me and I thought I did something wrong.

I used to have to put some force into pushing the clutch pedal, but now it goes down so smoothly that it totally feels weird.

Drove it around and no problems driving or shifting though.

Umm.....is this a good thing? eheheh...
any updates?? how's the clutch doing?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:03 PM

Did this today. Awesome results. Mine wasn't that bad. Did have an approx 1mm nipple on it though, but I ground that down with my dremel. I almost think the dremel took too much. I had it on really low speed and vroom, nipple was gone and so was a little of the surface. Polished it up, greased it with some aircraft grease (Hope it's high temp, it's all I had).

I think I spent more time trying to line the f---er up and get the bolts threaded than the rest of the time took, including jacking up the car.

Good and simple DIY.
Old 08-26-2011, 12:00 AM

Hey all,

I just purchased my AP1 S2K about 2 weeks ago. I'm trying to figure out if I should perform this DIY myself. My clutch pedal doesn't seem to make any squeaky noises. It doesn't really feel sticky but after the car has warmed up, when I'm depressing the clutch, sometimes it doesn't feel smooth going up. Doesn't happen all the time (maybe 30% of the time when depressing the clutch on a roll).

Also, the clutch pedal does feel stiff. My friend drove my car and he mentioned that the clutch is really stiff! My RSX Type-S clutch feels like a feather compared to the S2K. Are these symptoms of me having to perform this DIY?
Old 09-07-2011, 04:01 PM

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dennisduong
Hey all,

I just purchased my AP1 S2K about 2 weeks ago. I'm trying to figure out if I should perform this DIY myself. My clutch pedal doesn't seem to make any squeaky noises. It doesn't really feel sticky but after the car has warmed up, when I'm depressing the clutch, sometimes it doesn't feel smooth going up. Doesn't happen all the time (maybe 30% of the time when depressing the clutch on a roll).

Also, the clutch pedal does feel stiff. My friend drove my car and he mentioned that the clutch is really stiff! My RSX Type-S clutch feels like a feather compared to the S2K. Are these symptoms of me having to perform this DIY?
I'm not mechanically inclined. I bought my car about a month ago and its clutch wasn't smooth, felt different from day to day, and sometimes even felt sticky and super stiff. Just yesterday it started squeaking too.

Either ways, this has been THE BEST MOD IN THE WORLD. The clutch feels so light and feathery whereas it made my leg hurt before. It's like new.

When you do it, be sure to:
  • Jack up the car. Be careful. Shake it. Don't let it fall on you.
  • Clean everything!
  • Don't let the piston fall out (browse this thread, there's a photo with a red outline)
  • Use duct-tape to tape down the piston to the slave AND also tape the whole slave to the bottom of the car so it doesn't hang
  • I didn't let the slave point downward at all, so I taped the piston, pointed the whole thing upwards, and taped it to the underbody while I cleaned/polished the rod ..:
  • The rod and its rubber housing and the bigger rubber housing around the clutch fork can also be removed easily
  • Using different grits of emory cloth and a pair of gloves, polish down the cylinder rod (and the nipple if you have one--get rid of it)
  • Also polish down the cup a bit (underneath the car)
  • Clean everything!
  • Remove the black boot--pull out the fork (just a small tug will do it)
  • The hardest part was getting grease all over the fork edges, the inside of the fork, and the outside as well. Move it around (it won't fall out), grease all over
  • Poke the fork back in. Only one place where it will "click" back in. A gentle touch will do it. Flashlight helps.
  • Use Super High Temp Honda Urea grease
  • Re-assemble everything. Stuff more grease in the ball head, too
  • Profit!!
Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 PM

This is amazing. My clutch feels like new... I fell in love with my car again haha
Old 09-07-2011, 05:15 PM

Need assistance. Fluid leaked out of my slave.. Pretty much drained. Only thing empty is right next to my brake fluid. I'm confused simply because the cap on the empty resivour reds brake fluid. Any assistance is extremely helpful

Quick Reply: Sticky / Rough / Squeaky clutch pedal