Mid-Atlantic S2000 Owners Members from Maryland, DC and Virginia

I lost my S last night...

Old 11-26-2005, 04:01 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts
Default I lost my S last night...

Last night my best friend came to my house to help me diagnose the overheating problem that many of you have heard of which has still been recurring. We seem to have solved the problem and repaired it (which is irrelevant now so I will save that story for anyone that may be interested) and asked that he take it to his garage in Fredericksburg where he could poke around a little further today and make sure it would not come back.

Well, at some point on the way home he lost control and hit a tree on the passenger side. He is OK and conscious but has a really bad concussion and some internal bleeding on his brain which they have some concern about. He is responding well and talking but is in quite a bit of pain and seems to have some short term memory problems. But as you see the pictures you will see that I am very lucky to have not lost him.

Please spare any "your friend is an idiot for driving like that." comments, I really would prefer not to hear it as I already know it. I'm just happy that he will recover and that we didn't lose him.

I'm sure I'm upside-down on my loan and won't be able to buy a replacement for a while as I elected to skip the gap insurance. You all drive safe this winter and I hope to be back in action in the spring.

Click the above image for the full gallery.

-Aaron
Old 11-26-2005, 04:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Daaaaaaaaamn... sorry to hear man. That looks bad. Good to hear your friend is still around. Good luck with everything.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:25 PM

speachless
Old 11-26-2005, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goodness - really glad he is okay... too many accidents happening
Old 11-26-2005, 05:44 PM
Member (Premium)

Received 2,949 Likes on 1,745 Posts

Wow...that is really bad. I wish the best for your friend.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:52 PM

Aaron-
That looks horrible... hope your buddy makes a complete recovery..
You can drive my car at the next autox if you want
Old 11-26-2005, 05:53 PM

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

I wish the best for your friend.

That has to be one of the worst S2000 crash pics I have ever seen.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:59 PM
vbb

The fact that he was able to survive that at all is amazing. The car is completely demolished!!!

I hope that bleeding turns out to be nothing too serious, and he can walk away from this with nothing more than a lesson learned. The car can be replaced, your friend obviously cannot. I wish him luck!
Old 11-26-2005, 07:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank God he lived and there was no one in the passenger seat. I hope he heals quickly and you are able to get another S soon.

Rough way to start the holidays, but a car can be replaced.

Good luck to you both.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:39 PM

Received 228 Likes on 143 Posts

Thank you all so much for the kind words. I've been having some really weird emotions right now that I've never felt. To say the last 24 hours for me has been difficult would be a gross understatement. He has been a brother to me the last 18 years and this whole ordeal has me pretty messed up. I keep looking at the driver's seat and can't help but think that there was more to it than luck. This is a feeling that has me pretty freaked out since I have never been very religious, but I'm here to tell you seeing the car in person and the scene of the accident has raised the hair on the back of my neck in a way that cannot be explained. There are no laws of physics that should explain the angle of impact and the way that the car struck the tree. The more I think about it the more awe I feel and more amazement of a power much greater than chance. I really don't know where things are headed from here but this really brings a perspective on life that I wouldn't have felt before. I know most of you will roll your eyes at this but, whatever, if you come down to where this car is too and feel what I do, maybe I won't feel quite so insane right now.

I can't thank you all enough for the support..

-Aaron

Quick Reply: I lost my S last night...