UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT

Old 07-22-2012, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Springfield Honda - Silverlink Newcastle

Bought my S from Springfield Honda at the Silverlink, Newcastle and I have been well impressed with them ever since. They seem to have excellent knowledge of the S and I have found their customer service to be excellent. I've had the car serviced since I bought it there and it only cost £179. I have also taken out a service package for £20 a month which will cover the next two services. All in all well impressed. I have to drive past Springfield Honda Sunderland to get there but its worth it IMO. I had a bad experience with them 11 years ago when I bought a brand new CTR off them, so wouldn't use them again if I could help it.

Workmanship 9
Knowledge of car 9
Customer service 9
Sales 9
Old 01-27-2013, 12:22 AM

Hi,

I tried to go through the dealership satisfaction thread but the link doesn't appear to be working to add to excel sheet I presume.

I am trying to find out if anyone has used Gatwick Honda (formely Southern Counties Honda) in Crawley for any work on their S?

I use them for my other cars and they have been fantastic but judging by peoples review of dealerships it seems to be hit or miss with the S.

I have high expectations from them and because of their work previously I signed up to a service plan (not normally doing much diy and limited mechanical experience I thought it best to leave to them) and they seem to be very reasonable at just above £600 for 10/11/12 year service and MOT every too. I am pretty sure that would be similar to independents so why not stick to Honda.

Having used them for two years on other cars they have been fantastic and cannot praise the customer service team enough! They know at times I may not be the easiest to deal with but they have never offered a service lelow excellemt!

Also Mike in the sales dept has provided one of the best sales experience of buying a car.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 AM

I used them for a service a couple of years ago and was disappointed with how they cared for my car. They have a "window" into their workshop from the showroom - and watching my S being driven around sideways around a small place didn't fill me with confidence. They also miss diagnosed my TCT rattle as an exhaust issue. The car came back with a 3 inch scratch down to primer on the rear wing. They offered a discount on my next service with them to apologise, but I was still left with a scratch that would cost me hundreds to get sorted. I'm never going back.....but perhaps a bad day?
Old 01-27-2013, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by shadyduck
I used them for a service a couple of years ago and was disappointed with how they cared for my car. They have a "window" into their workshop from the showroom - and watching my S being driven around sideways around a small place didn't fill me with confidence. They also miss diagnosed my TCT rattle as an exhaust issue. The car came back with a 3 inch scratch down to primer on the rear wing. They offered a discount on my next service with them to apologise, but I was still left with a scratch that would cost me hundreds to get sorted. I'm never going back.....but perhaps a bad day?
Hi,

When was this? As I mentioned my cars have been there for two years and have not had a problem and if any issues it has been rectified promptly.

The S sideways seems a little worrying but I really wouldn't expect that....
Old 01-27-2013, 01:47 AM

I used them in early 2011, and did raise the issue with the head of servicing, but it fell upon somewhat dead ears. The chaps down in Brighton/Worthing I found far more helpful and knowledgeable. I only used the Gatwick chaps once, but had such a poor experience I have not gone back despite the offer of a small discount on my next service and numerous reminder text messages.

The best place I have experienced is the guys at Hemel Hempstead, a bit of a trek, but the guys seemed really on the ball. Taking mine thee next I think!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:53 PM

Dealer name: Vertu Honda - Grantham
Workmanship 9
Knowledge of car 10
Customer service 10
Sales 8

Thought i'd reignite this post after recently taking my GT to the above dealer for service and MOT. I live in Derby but after seeing other posts have avoided both Derby and Notts dealerships.
Must admit i'm more than happy with the service i recieved from the Service Manager (Andrew??), he knows the car as does the master technician. I'm no expert under the bonnet but having only had the car a year i knew a number of jobs would need doing given the car had missed its 5 yr service.

Quoted the forum/owners club and recieved my discount. Thanks to the moderators for sorting this.

Just got to pay the credit card off now!!
Old 07-08-2013, 02:53 PM

Dealer Name: Chiswick Honda
Workmanship: Normally: 7/10 ....today: 5/10
Knowledge of the car: Normally: 8/10 ...today: 2/10
Customer Service: Normally: 8/10 ...today: 2/10
Sales: N/A

Last week I had agreed a reasonable/compettive price for them to carry out the 72k service, including the brake fluid and transmission fluid.

• I turn up and the chap behind the desk first says "Sorry Sir, I'm afraid it won't be 2hrs as quoted as this is quite a big service for your car". . I responded and kindly informed him its one of the minor, basic and least labour-intensive services for the car. He later apologised by saying he doesn't know too much about S2000's .
  • He then proceeded to claim that they cannot do the brake fluid AND tramission fluid as per previously agreed on the telephone, that they made a mistake in quoting me by not charging for both items, but only one. I stated that was not my problem, and reminded them that I called on two seperate occasions to confirm the price and quote. He came back and said they would honour their quote and accept their mistake. He then went into hiding and the service manager came out to explain the mis-quote, and that they cannot honour their word .
  • The service manager was promptly informed by the workshop controller that my car had been booked in for the wrong service . This took me by surprise as I've been very diligent to servicing the car on time, on schedule. Their feedback was that it was in fact due for the "very big" service as the car hasn't undergone the valve clearances, spark plugs, diff oil, and other items. I respond by informing them they are referring to the 54k service, which the car had, with Chiswick, just 2 summers ago. They look confused, and whilst I point out which date it took place, they somehow, magically, manage to find their service log for my car . Should they not know exactly what my car has had done?? .
  • They decided to report that the front pads are now 30% worn. Which is really strange considering they had somehow evaluated that during last year's service they were 40% worn .
  • They also decided to report the clutch was worn because of the high bite point. I was quite annoying by their lack of knowledge thus far and therefore didn't initiate a conversation around the fact that a high biting point may well be indicative of a worn clutch IF... the car has a typical clutch cable setup. But given the S2000 has a hydraulic clutch system, the feedback is quite irrelevant .
  • They had the car for over 4hours when it was booked in for 2hrs .

The first poor service/experience from Chiswick in about 5 years.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I recently had a very positive experience at Yeomans in Churt, near Farnham in Surrey. I've already posted my experiences in another thread, but to summarise: the service manger Alan is a top bloke who is willing to quote sensibly for work, the workmanship (afaics) and customer service were first class and i would definitely recommend them. Quite easy to find and close to the A3 near Hindhead.
Old 09-19-2013, 02:22 PM

I'm a long standing Honda driver. I've had a few, deminishing in seat capacity, before it was practical to buy my S2000. My late father was also a Honda man, 6 cars ranging from a V6 3 litre Accord Coupe in his pomp to a modest Civic or 2 in his latter years.

Between us we have been dealing with Lloyd Honda of Carlisle for some 30 odd years. Lloyd Honda have always come out well in the national dearlership poll, 4th I think last year. All I can say is that the 3 above them must be as shit hot as shit hot comes.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:22 AM

Dealer Name - Newcastle Honda (Vertu - http://www.vertuhonda.com/find-a-dea...nda-newcastle/)
Workmanship - 10
Knowledge of the car 10
Customer Service 10
Sales 10

Bought my S2K here at the start of the year.

Was originally going to another further South and found this online on my journey down from Aberdeen. Phoned them up, they assured me it was available to buy but wasn't even on the forecourt yet but I was welcome to come have a look.

Got there, I was welcomed and greeted so well, treated nicely and was shown the car, went for a test drive. When I decided I wanted it, they listened to my offer, met me in the middle at a price I was very happy with (which included a 1 year approved used warranty, MOT, tax, full service, and some parts of the car resprayed before collection.

I waited near 2 weeks after buying it that day before being able to go down and collect again due to delays from DVLA removing the previous private number plate. The guy there was fantastic and seemed as interested as I was in when the mail arrived to see if the documents were there. He phoned me the minute it had arrived and was even willing to stay behind after closing hours for me to collect the car - due to me driving straight down from Aberdeen in the afternoon.

When I picked up the car, she was immaculate, presented beautifully and ready to go. I was in and out in 30 minutes. A tech even came through after his shift to sort out a loose rear view mirror for me before I went back up the road.

Absolutely fantastic and couldn't have been happier with my purchase from them.

Quick Reply: Dealer Satisfaction Survey - PLEASE USE IT