S2000 Under The Hood S2000 Technical and Mechanical discussions.

Clutch Problems (NEED HELP!)

Old 08-30-2015, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Problems (NEED HELP!)

Just yesterday my car started making this screeching sound whenever i started releasing my clutch in first gear/reverse. After a while I went onto the free way and when I was shifting into 5th/6th gear my clutch completely lost pressure and I could no longer shift. I coasted in the slow lane until I finally was able to force the gear into say 2nd (took a lot of pushing/pulling) since I was hitting those speeds by that time. Luckily I made it home, having to force my stick shift into gears. Now I'm home I notice I can shift the gears with ease while the car is off but not when on. When the car is on I try putting it into first yet it wont lock into gear but while I'm pushing it into gear the car starts to move forward! Regardless of the clutch pedal! What do i need to fix? Whats the problem?

This was the sound it made in the beginning only when first moving the car in either 1st or reverse: http://s139.photobucket.com/user/acl...O0019.mp4.html

note the video is not my car, or an s2k, but it made the same sound.

I should also say that when the car is off and I press the clutch in the clutch makes a squeaky sound, but when I turn the car on and clutch the sound goes away.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:52 AM

Received 1,533 Likes on 1,037 Posts

Sounds like clutch master cylinder failure or pressure plate issues. How does the fluid level look?
Old 08-30-2015, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by windhund116
Sounds like clutch master cylinder failure or pressure plate issues. How does the fluid level look?
Doesn't look low, but doesn't look empty. There is some dark goopy stuff forming at the bottom but I think thats normal. Would fluid make that sort of sound though? I was suspecting it to be something bigger than that D:
Old 08-30-2015, 10:09 AM

Received 480 Likes on 392 Posts

How's the diff mounts doing?
Old 08-30-2015, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Slowcrash_101
How's the diff mounts doing?
Can't peak under the car just yet. What should I look for?
Old 08-30-2015, 03:15 PM

So i bled my clutch fluid and nothing changed.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:22 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Mileage on the clutch/car? Your clutch probably failed
Old 08-30-2015, 03:56 PM

Received 126 Likes on 76 Posts

I had extremely similar symptoms to those that you have described.
I am quite confident that your clutch has failed. A clutch spring had broken on my clutch.

I was having grinding gears on the highway and then when I got off the highway I could not put the car into any gear without ALOT of force.
When I would let the clutch out it would whine really loudly.
When the car was off I had no issues shifting into every gear. This is obviously a clutch issue.

Order an OEM clutch kit from gripforce on ebay for $250 and replace that it!

I was where you are a couple months ago, don't hesitate to PM me.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:01 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Uh no. Don't order a gripforce garbage clutch. get the OEM clutch from a Honda dealership or Honda OEM part store online .

All aftermarket "OEM" replacement clutch friction discs have insufficient material encapsulating the clutch springs and will fail prematurely. Exedy "OEM", ACT, etc, etc
Old 08-30-2015, 05:10 PM

Received 126 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by afzan
Uh no. Don't order a gripforce garbage clutch. get the OEM clutch from a Honda dealership or Honda OEM part store online .

All aftermarket "OEM" replacement clutch friction discs have insufficient material encapsulating the clutch springs and will fail prematurely. Exedy "OEM", ACT, etc, etc
I was referring to the OEM clutch kit from gripforce. They simply sell the bundle of OEM parts. They have their own clutch kit with their own clutch for cheaper. That is not the one I am referring to.

Quick Reply: Clutch Problems (NEED HELP!)