UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

S2000 Curborough Sprint day

Old 04-14-2015, 01:03 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default S2000 Curborough Sprint day

Saturday just gone I was lucky enough to spend a whole day at Curborough Sprint Course with a few other lads from here, and what a day it was!

The weather although poop in the morning, cleared up beautifully, so we went from drifting to racing against the clock.

It really was petrol-head nirvana, great track, and great craick!

So much more social than a track day would be, after each sprint you got out and hurried over to the time keeper (Craigs girlfriend Ruth who did a fantastic job!) to see if you'd bettered you lap time!

Thanks to Rhauri for organising it and Graeme for going getting the pig butties!

No S2000's were (seriously!) harmed, but there were several trouser changing moments, me included.

Can't explain how awesome the day was, if you get a chance to sprint your S2000 DO IT!!!!
An S2000 on the track is its natural home, they are road cars for the race track!

RobinA3 in his soon to be replaced Turbo Polo

Gulf Racer Dayton Dave

Drifters Craig and Ruth

Born Racer Ricardo

Super Happy Tsuchiya Drift Apprentice Alex

Chief Organiser and bovine driver S2 KOW

Me getting expert tuition from Ricardo

People started taking it seriously, saving weight by any means necessary!
]

Old 04-14-2015, 01:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was an absolutely amazing day!
Old 04-14-2015, 01:55 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Been there a few times in my civic. Great days, just found it was VERY hard on the cars.
Believe the current lap record is held by an S2000, may have changed, but was the case a few years back when I went.

Personally I prefer a slightly bigger tracks.
Anyone been to Blyton Park? Similar social set-up if going in groups, with a slightly bigger track.
Need to get new exhaust on and do a few track days.
Old 04-14-2015, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great fun, need to give this a try somewhen!
Old 04-14-2015, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by Shaddow
Been there a few times in my civic. Great days, just found it was VERY hard on the cars.
Believe the current lap record is held by an S2000, may have changed, but was the case a few years back when I went.

Anyone been to Blyton Park? Similar social set-up if going in groups, with a slightly bigger track.
Haha funny you should mention that, the course record 28/06/2009 is(was) 67.1 seconds Rhauri beat it with a 66.29!!! (unofficially of course)

As for being hard on the cars, guess it was on tyres, but brakes seemed to like it as they hbad plenty of cooling in between runs?

Here's my front n/s Toyo R1R at the end of the day, aboput time they got the abuse they need though, can't rate them highly enough

Old 04-14-2015, 02:23 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Yeah, thats about the same as my tyres.
Course is fun with Honda's as you can do most of the course in 2nd gear always on the red line, until you come down the straight and then try not to lock up before the sharp right turn to do a second lap.

One of my more memorable laps was in a mates clio cup. From start line came up the hill into the left hand bend with a lot of speed, quick to turn into the right hand and span the car.
Also nearly went over in a mates very old clio. (Think first gen). Hit the inside rumble strips on the last corner before the straight and managed to get both inside wheels off the ground.

Well done to Rhauri for the lap record. (Unofficially.)
Old 04-14-2015, 02:28 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

It was an incredible day...

It was an early start for me, up at 5:30am and all packed with a full boot and full passenger footwell & seat full of drinks, food, chairs etc - all of which was barely touched on the day because we were having such a great time on track!

The day was completely self managed, so no marshalls or anything - just us and the keys to the circuit! Once we had unloaded our cars and hard tops were taken off - we set out to the track for a 'sighting lap' just to show the layout of the track and then the track was live!

First layout of the day was the Long Course which was great fun; and the second layout of the day was the Figure of 8 course which was a tiny bit more technical and was great to switch it up - loved it!

The day struck the perfect balance of on track time, and social time and really is a great Owners Club Event.

I'll be organising another this year which will be on a weekday as there are no weekends left for 2015, so keep an eye in the Meets Section.

Thanks to all who came and made it an amazing day, and another thanks to Ruth for relentlessly operating the timing gear and keeping track of our timed runs!

Some of my runs from the day:

Honda S2000 @ Curborough - Long Course: http://youtu.be/v-lnMCbEz2o

Honda S2000 @ Curborough - Figure of 8 Course: http://youtu.be/xwbz-d6R48Q
Old 04-14-2015, 02:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well done to Rhauri for the lap record. (Unofficially.)
Cheers mate!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:21 AM

Overlay of Rhauri vs me on the long course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBxiVYtr5pk
Old 04-14-2015, 09:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to Blyton Park on Thursday.
Brilliant 1.6 mile counter clockwise track.......apparently most are clockwise.

Rich

Quick Reply: S2000 Curborough Sprint day