Automotive builds Got an automotive build you want to want to document? Post it here!

MAC's Widebooty build

Old 08-08-2014, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAC's Widebooty build

Follow my instagram @Tmacasero for daily updates!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

The names Tim! I'm pretty new here to s2ki. Before owning an s2000 I had a '91 Cr-x and a '91 MR2 turbo. The s2k was my dream car since high school and I knew I would own one eventually. Once I got stationed back here in my hometown of San Diego I decided to finally purchase one

The day I bought her...MY05

Decided to sell the deuce for parts ;D

The mod bug hit hard...

After about half a year I grew tired of my set-up and I wanted to do something new....something I've wanted to do for a while....WIDEBODY! I realized after I spent all this money on parts I could’ve went widebody from the beginning -____- So I decided to part out the car! I was torn between the Amuse GT1, Tamon, and J's racing kits. Decided against Tamon since it was WAAAY too expensive and the J's since it was just too aggressive for me (I still love the kit anyways) So I decided on the amuse Bo Kim from Bulletproof was great in helping me plan out this build. After getting all the financial planning out of the way I was just waiting on all my parts to sell. While I waited I received an offer I couldn’t refuse for my car returned to stock. I was sad to sell her, but I knew it would help a lot with my build.

Last shoot with her :[

After I sold her I finally put in the order for kit. Then the waiting game started....during this time I wasn’t really in a rush to find another s2k since I had 4 months for the kit to come in. I was just waiting for the perfect one to come along. After I finally got the kit delivered I was still without a car to work on =/ Luckily I found Mr. JP's car for sale. A Silverstone 06 bone stock except for the suspension. At this point I had everything I needed to start my build!

Picked up some used CE28ns 18x10.5 and a voltex wing

And it begins...

Much wide

#hellasunk

End of tech day #1

Old 08-08-2014, 09:45 PM

Nice man keep it up!
Old 08-09-2014, 04:36 AM

DAY 2

Old 08-09-2014, 04:49 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Exciting man, in for the build. Still keeping it same color? Widebody looks to have some pretty amazing fitment out of box from pictures. Widebody is still my favorite part of my car.
Old 08-09-2014, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ian300D
Exciting man, in for the build. Still keeping it same color? Widebody looks to have some pretty amazing fitment out of box from pictures. Widebody is still my favorite part of my car.
Thanks Ian! Im actually in the process of vinyl wrapping it. Such a PITA! Ill post progress pics shortly for the most part the fitment was spot on, but i did have to cut and shave certain areas in order for it to fit properly. Kinda sad cutting up such an expensive kit lol
Old 08-09-2014, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by kaotikkaos
Nice man keep it up!
thanks man!
Old 08-09-2014, 08:16 AM

Subscribed! Definitely excited to see where this goes!
Old 08-09-2014, 09:56 AM

On your first s2k what rear diffuser was that??
Old 08-09-2014, 12:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JDP engineering
Old 08-09-2014, 01:12 PM

Love the smooth, wide front and sides of this kit but I wish the rear wasn't so blocky and squared off.
Great work regardless. Can't wait to see it done!

Quick Reply: MAC's Widebooty build