S2000 Engine Management Engine management topics, map and advice.

Flashpro w/ aem wideband question?

Old 07-01-2014, 01:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Flashpro w/ aem wideband question?

So I've searched here and hondatas website and haven't gotten a 100 percent answer to my question. I live in AZ and have to have my car pass emissions and automatically fail if there is a check engine light on. So my question is when hooking up the wideband to the ELD input does this make the computer read it as the oxygen sensor or do I have to have an additional bung welded to the down pipe and keep the factory sensor in place? If this is the case won't the ecu set a code for too lean or too rich when boosting or is this corrected when the car is tuned? I'm also confused on hooking it up to the ELD input.... Does anyone have pictures of how they installed theirs... What connector and what color wire am I looking for?
Old 07-01-2014, 04:04 PM

Use E15 ELD or B12 ... B12 pin run signal there from aem signal wire from the gauge (white) or cut E15 ELD and solder signal wire into place. If using ELD location it will have to be disabled in flashpro. And yes your ecu will use this to correct when tuned if your closed loop.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:41 PM

What color is the ELD wire?
Old 07-05-2014, 10:59 PM

Green/red for eld. If using b12 it needs to be pinned(empty space)

The following users liked this post:
pastoli (06-22-2019)
Old 07-06-2014, 10:42 AM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Thanks for the help (I'm also doing this), so let me verify if I got things correctly. If using the ELD signal wire, you cut the GRN/RED wire before the pin (E15), then wire in the Oxygen Sensor output from the gauge to this pin (leaving the wire you snipped unplugged)?

Also can someone point out which wire to tap in for RPM (need this for the failsafe gauge)?
Old 07-06-2014, 11:11 AM

Correct, white wire from gauge will need to be solder into the grn/red wire and eld will need to be disabled with whatever software you are using. Flashpro has this option not sure on others. Also don't forget to enter the correct lambda vs volts or have your tuner enter it so the ecu reads exactly what the gauge reads.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by crxdx
Correct, white wire from gauge will need to be solder into the grn/red wire and eld will need to be disabled with whatever software you are using. Flashpro has this option not sure on others. Also don't forget to enter the correct lambda vs volts or have your tuner enter it so the ecu reads exactly what the gauge reads.
Perfect that's what I needed (unfortunately the instructions on this are a little vague from FlashPro). Any ideas on which wire carries the RPM signal? While this piece isn't absolutely critical, it helps with the data logging feature of my Failsafe gauge.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:36 AM

I will screen cap my settings it should get you very close. Give me a few and I'll upload a pic.

Not sure on rpm signal. All my fail safes are within flashpro cal, boost cut, lean cut, redline
Old 07-06-2014, 12:08 PM

Calibration menu (view advanced) Disable ELD in misc just uncheck it.

Then go to
Lambda and select ELD wideband input and set lambda and voltage there.

I suggest your tuner do this just explain to him what needs to be done.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:42 PM

Thanks for the additional info and the screenshots. I am getting the car etuned (by wadzii/Jason) and need to add the AEM UEGO Wideband to allow Jason to better fine tune my final calibration. With this info, I should be able to get the gauge/sensor installed properly.

Quick Reply: Flashpro w/ aem wideband question?