S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Drove 5 hours each way for...

Old 04-08-2014, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drove 5 hours each way for...

So I've been looking for another GPW/red and black AP1 with low miles and found one 5 hours north of me in PA. As usual, pics looked great, but in person, completely disappointed. Door dings, poor front bumper cover respray, lack of underbody maintenance and cleaning. Walked away. The dealer offered me a sizable offer for my SSM, cash on top of the GPW. I declined. I cannot find a clean GPW anywhere within 1k miles of me. I am truly shocked at how I continue to see mistreated low mile AP1s and how nearly impossible it is to find a clean one in GPW... /end rant.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:38 PM

Sorry to hear that. Try to ask a local s2k owner in the area if he/she can check out the car for you ahead of time. Good luck!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Gotpepsi
Sorry to hear that. Try to ask a local s2k owner in the area if he/she can check out the car for you ahead of time. Good luck!
I wish I would've thought of that lol . It did get me out of the house and out to see some scenery though Never seen so many f@#king apple trees in my life!
Old 04-08-2014, 09:31 PM
kap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe that's why it's still for sale
Old 04-09-2014, 06:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks...but keep searching, you'll find the one you want!
Old 04-09-2014, 07:54 AM

I browse daily
Old 04-10-2014, 10:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got an '01 GPW/Red with factory hardtop that's unmodified, very clean and has been garaged it's whole life. I'm pretty much the original owner. It's not for sale though. It was hard to find GPW/Red 11 years ago when I bought it I can only imagine it's harder now.

With that said, there's a 2002 GPW/Red with factory HT that's parked on the street in my neighborhood. It's been parked in the same spot for months and has at least 100lbs of dirt on it. No kidding. I can tell it's been modified and maybe repainted.

Keep looking, they're out there, it just takes a little longer when you're looking for something very specific.

Best of luck.

-s
Old 04-10-2014, 11:09 AM

Haven't you ever considered having yours repainted by a really good shop? Mine is getting done in Champ White right now. I have someone that is top tier and i could try to get a hookup for a fellow s2k owner
Old 04-10-2014, 01:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by spessx
I've got an '01 GPW/Red with factory hardtop that's unmodified, very clean and has been garaged it's whole life. I'm pretty much the original owner. It's not for sale though. It was hard to find GPW/Red 11 years ago when I bought it I can only imagine it's harder now.

With that said, there's a 2002 GPW/Red with factory HT that's parked on the street in my neighborhood. It's been parked in the same spot for months and has at least 100lbs of dirt on it. No kidding. I can tell it's been modified and maybe repainted.

Keep looking, they're out there, it just takes a little longer when you're looking for something very specific.

Best of luck.

-s
Drive past it everyday! I've been curious about that car for a while.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by RHDS2K
Haven't you ever considered having yours repainted by a really good shop? Mine is getting done in Champ White right now. I have someone that is top tier and i could try to get a hookup for a fellow s2k owner
I've thought about it, and came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be able to make up my mind between Imola and GPW at that point I love Imola Orange as much as GPW, but unfortunately cannot just search for one of those in the U.S. Where are you located out of curiosity? Championship white is beautiful and I'd prefer it to GPW... How much are you paying?

Quick Reply: Drove 5 hours each way for...