New York - Upstate New York S2000 Owners All areas North of I-84 (Port Jervis to Putnam Lake) in New York State

Fall Harvest Meet

Old 03-23-2014, 08:57 AM

Received 390 Likes on 234 Posts
Default Fall Harvest Meet

Since Jim will no longer be doing Fall Crawl and Mike ( Mongo84) is taking it over as a one day drive event, I'm considering doing the weekend event here in Upstate New York. If I do it will be based in Clifton Park just off 87. We have plenty of new hotels, eateries, and fabulous back country roads for the drive route. Clifton Park is also home to Exit 9 Wine & Liquors which puts the outlet next to Sturbridge to shame ( For those that are interested). As it will be fall with another holiday season approaching the plus ones might be i
nterested in shopping at Wits End Giftique located a stones throw from the hotel and arguably one of the biggest gift boutiques in the world.Dawn my plus 1 and Karen Whitelightnings plus 1 have offered to lead a tour to Wits End Giftique. The Saratoga Battlefield National park is nearby for excursions as well. I need to get a feel from those seriously interested in order to make a decision as there will be a great deal of work involved. My target will be late Sept. to hopefully insure good weather. Please let me have your input. Local folks can just come for the drive and maybe join us for the group dinner Sat. night if they wish.

THE FALL HARVEST MEET IS ON! Sept.19-21. Check in the Vintage forum for details as they are firmed up.

A2 EDIT: Click here for all threads in Vintage that have info for the evemt.

Comfort Suites-Fall Harvest Hotel
Old 03-23-2014, 12:44 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

A little too distant for me to plan, but I'm interested and will be watching this thread.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:47 AM

Received 212 Likes on 183 Posts

Dave,

Nancy & I are very, very unlikely. Sept & Oct are always busy for us. Never made it to Fall Crawl even though just a short ride for us to get there.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hadn't heard that Mike was taking over the Fall Crawl and as a one day event. I'll have to ask him if it's still going to be in the Sturbridge MA area. Anyway your event sounds like a nice change. I'm interested.

Thanks Dave
Old 03-24-2014, 09:17 AM
A 2
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 167 Likes on 152 Posts

Should be along for the drive. Will be watching the thread. Once you have picked a date let me know. Based on that I'll be scheduling Rennsselaer-Columbia (usually last weekend in Sept or first week in Oct) or not if the weather worsens.

Dave I'm not sure what planning an overnight meet like this involves. Be sure to check with the fall crawl guys in case you need permissions or have to do some other kind of regulatory compliance.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:51 AM

It's official! Sept. 19-21. Details to follow. From here on out check for updates in Vintage.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Headchef
Since Jim will no longer be doing Fall Crawl and Mike ( Mongo84) is taking it over as a one day drive event, I'm considering doing the weekend event here in Upstate New York. If I do it will be based in Clifton Park just off 87. We have plenty of new hotels, eateries, and fabulous back country roads for the drive route. Clifton Park is also home to Exit 9 Wine & Liquors which puts the outlet next to Sturbridge to shame ( For those that are interested). As it will be fall with another holiday season approaching the plus ones might be i
nterested in shopping at Wits End Giftique located a stones throw from the hotel and arguably one of the biggest gift boutiques in the world.Dawn my plus 1 and Karen Whitelightnings plus 1 have offered to lead a tour to Wits End Giftique. The Saratoga Battlefield National park is nearby for excursions as well. I need to get a feel from those seriously interested in order to make a decision as there will be a great deal of work involved. My target will be late Sept. to hopefully insure good weather. Please let me have your input. Local folks can just come for the drive and maybe join us for the group dinner Sat. night if they wish.

THE FALL HARVEST MEET IS ON! Sept.19-21. Check in the Vintage forum for details as they are firmed up.

Old 04-05-2014, 07:55 AM

Where are all of my Upstate brothers? This is a big event in our own backyard for a change! Easy access for you Western folks via Thruway to the Northway 87 right up to the hotel door. Great drive on scenic back roads, excellent company, Sat. night banquet- fine end of season before another Winter.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:52 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

I'm planning on it Dave....I think all the references to check the Vintage forum have some confused that it is a vintage event. And even going there is confusing as there is an interest thread that explains the meet but the thread that has to do with attendees (It's On) does not say anything about the meet.
Levi
Old 04-05-2014, 09:27 AM

Received 330 Likes on 279 Posts

Dave, I'm sure once the weather starts co-operating and the Upstaters get their cars back on the road that this event will gain plenty of interest.
Levi

Quick Reply: Fall Harvest Meet