UK & Ireland S2000 Community Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it in the UK and Ireland. Including FAQs, and technical questions.

Bodyshop / respray

Old 01-08-2014, 09:43 AM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Bodyshop / respray

Good evening all,

I am looking for any recommended body shops or places that can respray cars around the Bedford area. I'll be happy to travel some distance for a well recommended place though.

Initially I looked at getting a different bonnet for my S2 and then have it sprayed and blended in with the rest of the car. (Moonrock)
My local garage quoted £800 for the job, which seems really high.
I've also thought about changing my front bumper and arches.
Due to the small size of the car, I asked my local garage to quote for a full car spray. Colour would remain the same, it just means they won't need to blend any panels.
For this I was quoted £3000 +vat.

Can anyone recommend any places and possibly share experience on how much it should cost?
(Looking at full re-spray, or just front end-bonnet, bumper and wings. )

Thanks
Old 01-08-2014, 09:49 AM

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Wow! £800 to do a bonnet and a bit of blending? knock about £4-500 off that price and will get you a decent job.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts

Isn't it some ones dad over that neck of the woods who's a sprayer . Did he not do Floppies car ?
My car cost £2k for reps ray in new colour, but I stripped car and put it back together. Doors , boot , bonnet , wings, lights , roof off etc and that didn't go fully into engine bay.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

http://www.finishlineukltd.co.uk/
Based between J8and 9 on A1M. They've done my front bumper in sliverstone and refurbed 4 alloys and did an excellent job and not too far from Bedford
Old 01-08-2014, 12:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CHIPPO
Isn't it some ones dad over that neck of the woods who's a sprayer . Did he not do Floppies car ?
My car cost £2k for reps ray in new colour, but I stripped car and put it back together. Doors , boot , bonnet , wings, lights , roof off etc and that didn't go fully into engine bay.
That's Wayne's dad Ray, he did some work on my car too and did a cracking job.

Search for Lennon autos or something similar in kettering
Old 01-08-2014, 12:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Body & Tuning in Mansfield. I'm taking mine there after I'd seen other work he had done. Was a 45 minute drive up north for me but I'm like you and happy to travel for a good job and an honest price.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Old 01-08-2014, 01:34 PM

I was quoted £4-500 to have bonnet, wings and front bumper done by Pennings in Leighton Buzzard. They are insurance approved bodyshop but also do a lot of Porsche restorations.
Old 01-08-2014, 09:49 PM

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Thank you for all the recommendations guys. Seems my plans are back on. At the prices I was quoted, I would not have done the body work, but now it seems I can!
2K for a respray in new colour, should be a lot less then for same colour as they would not need to go into the sills or anything. Just the top surface to get rid of all minor scratches.

Anyone know if Ray (Northampton) does arch rolling? Could not get mine done as it appears previous owner had a little ding on the rear wing so rolling it would cause filler to fall off. But if I get whole body sprayed, then just get arches rolled at same time!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:28 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

He does yes, and he does it properly too

Have a look in Floppies topic for photos of it
Old 01-10-2014, 04:18 AM

£800 for a bonnet respray??

I'm getting my whole Teg done for just over £2k!

Quick Reply: Bodyshop / respray