Texas - North Texas S2000 Owners North Texas S2000 Owners Club
North Texas Club

Anyone knows where I coul find a MUGEN roll bar? Anyone selling?

Old 04-02-2013, 06:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone knows where I coul find a MUGEN roll bar? Anyone selling?

PM me please!
Old 04-02-2013, 06:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GoTuning.com
Old 04-05-2013, 08:50 AM

Save your money and buy a Hard Dog or Rockstar Garage rollbar that will actually do what it's supposed to do.
Old 04-05-2013, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Chris S
Save your money and buy a Hard Dog or Rockstar Garage rollbar that will actually do what it's supposed to do.
I know the price is ridiculous, but i need all the space to move the seat all the way back. The harddog harness bar cuts 3 or 4 inches of seat travel. I dont know about the rockstar... I am searching for a used mugen bar to limit the cost... Any advice?
Old 04-05-2013, 02:25 PM

My understanding is that the Mugen doesn't offer all that much rollover protection, and is more of a style thing.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Chris S
My understanding is that the Mugen doesn't offer all that much rollover protection, and is more of a style thing.
Chris,
You are making a good point. I go to the track in Cresson more and more (w/ Driver's Edge, maybe we saw each other?), and I want to improve the safety of the car. I want to install good race seats and harnesses. My main concern is about the driving position. I have the OEM seats reclined quite a bit to pass the broomstick test and to have a good driving position (I am 6"2).
Do you have a roll bar in your S? The Rockstar? I see we live really close (I live i Euless). If you have a roll bar, would you mind me driving to meet you somewhere to check your setup?
Old 04-05-2013, 05:33 PM

Pierre, I don't have a rollbar, and have been conflicted about getting one. A rollbar, race seats, and harnesses would undoubtedly be a nice addition for the track, but my 4 yo son loves riding in my S, and he wouldn't be able to (safely) do do w/ those mods. Regardless, I'd be happy to meet up w you if you want to check out any other aspects of my setup.

BTW, there's a track day @ Eagles Canyon Raceway tomorrow, only $150 for the day - come on out!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:40 PM

Eagles canyon is a nice track, lots of fun! I cannot come, my brakes are shot. I finished them in cresson 2 weeks ago. New pads going in this week end (projet mu 800). I may check your setup in the next few weeks though. I am considering a front lower x brace. Do you have one? It seems people find it makes a big difference...
Old 04-05-2013, 07:14 PM

I'll be at Eagles Canyon tomorrow afternoon (4/6/13) and I have a roll bar if you want to sit in my car to see how it is.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:23 PM

I had an X brace w/ my first S (this is #3), and I'd say it made a positive impact in the feeling of solidity over bumpy roads, but I haven't ever thought about doing it to the current one since there's so many other places you can get better bang for your buck.

For brakes, I highly recommend the Accord front caliper upgrade, along w/ front brake ducting. Carbotech XP10F/XP8R is a great track pad combo, or XP10's all around if running a square setup.

Quick Reply: Anyone knows where I coul find a MUGEN roll bar? Anyone selling?