S2000 Electronics Information and discussion related to S2000 electronics such as ICE, GPS, and alarms.

DIY Boot subwoofer install

Old 03-18-2013, 11:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY Boot subwoofer install

I didn't find a full guide on how to do this, I'd done it twice before but never took time to do it properly.
This time I was determined to make it the tidiest install EVER!! Not as many photos as there should be but once you have it in front of you it's pretty intuitive.

I always had the soft top out of my S2Ks, weight saving and I always liked the car as a coupe and not a convertible. Hardtop never came off. It was very easy to wire up a sub like that.
This is first time with the sof top in and to be fair it's just as easy.

Remove battery and try and find a space in this gromit to poke power lead into. There are other cables too so if you're using something sharp be really careful!

Feed the cable through a bit and then you can reach up the footwell and feel your way up the firewall for the cable, pull it through but leave slack for the power and fuse. The wire can slip down sometimes and cause stress on the connection.

Run it below the kick panel and behind it, then you will get to this part where you remove the door trim. Lift it up off the clips that hold the carpet and run the power cable below it. There's plenty of space so you can re-use the factory tidy clips to latch the carpet back on.

Run it up, underneath the side panel just behind the door, very easy without removing it. Remove the panel behind the seat (two screws, under the flaps on the hooks) and feed it through the hole into the boot. If you remove your spare wheel and the two bits of carpeted trim for this bit it will be a million times more reassuring as you will be able to see light.

Here is where you can see the light, Then go round the back and pull the power cable through.

Repeat for the AUX and the remote line but down the other side of the car. Don't be lazy and feed them all down one side. You will get a stupid buzzy sound!!!
I will take photos of the earth point I used but any of the bolts by the structure bar across is fine. Reverse the steps for putting everything back together of course.

Hook up and enjoy! I haven't tidied everything up yet because it started raining. I'll update when I can.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:35 PM

How does it sound?
Old 03-26-2013, 05:58 PM

Do you get a TON of rattle? I installed my kicker 10" and I get a lot of rattle. Sometimes it won't be too bad others it will be depending on song and kind of bass but I know it's all from the trunk, when I close my trunk I get a slight rattle that's exactly what I hear just super amplified with the sub.

Also jw, why didn't ya just go threw the natural hole behind the seat?
Old 03-27-2013, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Stukas87
Do you get a TON of rattle? I installed my kicker 10" and I get a lot of rattle. Sometimes it won't be too bad others it will be depending on song and kind of bass but I know it's all from the trunk, when I close my trunk I get a slight rattle that's exactly what I hear just super amplified with the sub.

Also jw, why didn't ya just go threw the natural hole behind the seat?
Hardly if ANY rattle, just make sure if you get a rattle to pad it out, that's what I normally do with foam.
Natural hole? I found the best path and most hidden in my opinion. Either way, wires out of sight = Job well done

Originally Posted by AzNbO187
How does it sound?
Sounds great! Made a video with iPhone after but you can't hear the sound quality properly. Alternator was VERY healthy though, interior light had no drop outs during mega bass moments.