California - Southern California S2000 Owners Southern California S2000 Owners

XS-2000 Race videos and event coverage

Old 01-21-2013, 10:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XS-2000 Race videos and event coverage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oETGfeWvjMA

I hope many others of you have video, pictures, and prose to share. It's been a while since I had a quality video clip of multiple s2ks on track together.

The next round is Buttonwillow 13cw, February 16th
Old 01-21-2013, 10:59 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

kool
Old 01-21-2013, 11:42 AM

Two things:

1. Damn, my car is loud. lol.
2. It was weird passing my old car in my new car. But am glad it went to a great home and is back out at the track. Makes me happy just to see it again.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I still can't get the bowl right. I didn't trust my brakes yesterday.
I'll upload more videos as I go through them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cO1Ltgt4jUM
Old 01-21-2013, 02:15 PM

Your bowl is fine. You are just braking too much. Overslowing the car. You also overslow on the horseshoe before you make that right hander. And lastly - the turn before the straight you missed. You can't miss that one. That and going up the chicane are HUGE. Any turn leading to a long straight is make-or-break. You need to turn in a little sooner and roll onto throttle cleaner. As it sits you are braking later but you are killing cornering speed and hurting your delta on the front straight.

What's your car setup? Other than the above, you are a very talented driver. You're very smooth and you don't have too many wasted movements. Believe me when I say that's a rare commodity.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Squirtle
Your bowl is fine. You are just braking too much. Overslowing the car. You also overslow on the horseshoe before you make that right hander. And lastly - the turn before the straight you missed. You can't miss that one. That and going up the chicane are HUGE. Any turn leading to a long straight is make-or-break. You need to turn in a little sooner and roll onto throttle cleaner. As it sits you are braking later but you are killing cornering speed and hurting your delta on the front straight.

What's your car setup? Other than the above, you are a very talented driver. You're very smooth and you don't have too many wasted movements. Believe me when I say that's a rare commodity.
  • You also overslow on the horseshoe before you make that right hander. - Which one is this? Sorry. Lol.
  • You are just braking too much. Overslowing the car. - Agreed. I don't have balls to carry the speed.

- 17x9 +35 RPF1 w/ super old/used R888s (rubbing)
- HKS Hipermax III coilovers (Will switch to KW V3s with 12k/10k springs and get them setup this weekend. My HKS are not set up correctly.)
- 1400m Voltex wing (I removed the wing and didn't really notice a big difference in back-to-back runs.)
- OEM hardtop with softtop underneath
- full interior
- ST suspensions front sway bar
- AP2 rear sway bar
- 70mm single exhaust w/ 70mm HFC
- engine is stock (218k miles)
- rear toe arms
- alignment: -2.25 camber (maxed, I don't have roll center adjusters. I probably need at least -3), 0 toe front, -3.25, 0.25 total toe rear. I think caster is maxed.
Old 01-21-2013, 02:42 PM

The horseshoe is turn 3 going clockwise. It's the turn before you make the last left that leads onto the straight. You're going downhill for a bit then you turn right and start going back uphill. I hope this is making sense I don't know how else to explain it haha.

Your HKS should be 10 off full stiff front and 12 off full stiff rear. (Or near it) That was the money setup when I had them. I wouldn't get kw over the hks, personally. I think they are just as good.

Definitely get a front camber joint though
Old 01-21-2013, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Squirtle
The horseshoe is turn 3 going clockwise. It's the turn before you make the last left that leads onto the straight. You're going downhill for a bit then you turn right and start going back uphill. I hope this is making sense I don't know how else to explain it haha.

Your HKS should be 10 off full stiff front and 12 off full stiff rear. (Or near it) That was the money setup when I had them. I wouldn't get kw over the hks, personally. I think they are just as good.

Definitely get a front camber joint though
I know which one you're talking about now. I only hit top of 2nd gear there (AP1). I should be hitting 3rd briefly before going back to 2nd. I think the issue is that I brake too much and downshift to 2nd on the turn before that, which slows me down a lot, and prevents me from carrying the speed.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:24 PM

Man some lady rear ended me at 60 today. Car is totalled. Just my luck.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:44 PM

Wow, really? got a police report?

Quick Reply: XS-2000 Race videos and event coverage