The Windy City - Off Topic A place to relax and unwind. Off topic section of the UMW.

Vent Thread

Old 02-17-2010 | 05:37 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Why the hell does my car insurance e-bill begin with the words "GREAT NEWS"... GREAT NEWS would be if I didn't have to pay the bill, not that I can buy even more insurance on-line. That's not GREAT NEWS. A bill is never GREAT NEWS.

Listen up everybody, I've got some GREAT NEWS, you can now PM me for my paypal info so that you can easily gift me lots of $$$$$$. Thanks so much, I know how long you have all been waiting for such GREAT NEWS.
Old 02-17-2010 | 02:20 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mountain-man,Feb 17 2010, 02:06 AM
I thought that hid posts by that particular individual. I'll have to try that, because MW, and all that other junk pisses me off.
You get the option to block the person or the app.

The requests are different (annoyingly) so you have to block that app from within the requests page.
Old 03-06-2010 | 03:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Critters making homes inside engine bays!
Old 03-06-2010 | 03:16 PM

Construction starting already. And they are tearing down THREE local bridges over the freeway SIMULTANEOUSLY!!!

How are people supposed to get around when idiots cut off the alternate routes to alternate routes of the normal routes?

Zoo interchange is finally getting fixed. I was becoming worried that a chunk of concrete was going to fall on my head. But it's being done for over double the original quoted cost.
Old 05-11-2010 | 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate people that don't listen when you say "hey man you're about to back into my car." Happened last sunday in front of my work. I park on a busy street and purposely in front of the store so I can keep an eye on it. I see this big conversion van trying to squeeze into a small spot right behind me. Before I could run out there and try to move my car a little this asshole decides to start parking. I ended up standing on the sidewalk next to my car watching him come inches away from my bumper. I yell at him to stop but nope, BUMP. He scuffs my bumper. So I slam my hand on his hood which finally get's his attention as he backs off my bumper. Yelling and cursing come flying out of me as he runs across the street to avoid me. I look at the damage and it's a little scuff, a little buff should make it come out. I wait for him to finally come back and start yelling at him. Guess what? He pretends not to understand me.

No one respects anyone's stuff anymore...i'm putting construction cones around my car next time.
Old 05-11-2010 | 11:12 PM

^^^ That almost same exact scenario happened to my brother's Mk2 MR2. Only the lady who backed into him did far more damage than a scuff. And it happened to him again a couple years later.

You should have taken his plate number...especially if you didn't know how bad the damage was.

Good thing it was only a light scuff.
Old 05-13-2010 | 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by z_speed,May 11 2010, 02:51 PM
I hate people that don't listen when you say "hey man you're about to back into my car." Happened last sunday in front of my work. I park on a busy street and purposely in front of the store so I can keep an eye on it. I see this big conversion van trying to squeeze into a small spot right behind me. Before I could run out there and try to move my car a little this asshole decides to start parking. I ended up standing on the sidewalk next to my car watching him come inches away from my bumper. I yell at him to stop but nope, BUMP. He scuffs my bumper. So I slam my hand on his hood which finally get's his attention as he backs off my bumper. Yelling and cursing come flying out of me as he runs across the street to avoid me. I look at the damage and it's a little scuff, a little buff should make it come out. I wait for him to finally come back and start yelling at him. Guess what? He pretends not to understand me.

No one respects anyone's stuff anymore...i'm putting construction cones around my car next time.
You went quite easy on him. if i saw someone do that to my car, i'd prolly shoot them.
Old 05-13-2010 | 11:24 AM
20 Year Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by K1ngfunK,Feb 16 2010, 10:27 PM
I haven't paid attention to my "requests" page, short of friend requests and events hosted by people I know, in eons.
LOL i have 396 requests.. HAHAHA
Old 05-13-2010 | 11:26 AM
S2KI Editor

Originally Posted by ap1chick,May 13 2010, 11:17 AM
You went quite easy on him. if i saw someone do that to my car, i'd prolly shoot them.
haha!!! Yeah, not sure I could've just walked that one off, lol
Old 05-13-2010 | 11:50 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,166 Likes on 1,084 Posts

I'm on the train and a baby starts crying. I can deal with that - babies do that. However, the baby keeps crying. We overhear the mother say that he needs to be changed. But she doesn't DO anything. Two passengers AND a staff member offer to help her and she refuses. Instead, she waits until we arrive at the station...twenty minutes later. Then she decides to tend to his needs. It's infuriating, but I also felt bad for the poor little bugger.

Quick Reply: Vent Thread