The Windy City - Off Topic A place to relax and unwind. Off topic section of the UMW.

Vent Thread

Old 09-10-2009 | 02:26 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I remember when the g/f got a large staple in her tire. That wasn't repairable either. Pretty much like two punctures in one.
Old 09-10-2009 | 11:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What the hell was up with everyone today?! It seems like everyone was driving like a total douchbag gunning the gas and slaming the brakes, or driving like a cotton-top in a land yacht. Almost got rear ended by an idiot in a hyundy Accent or some tiny tin can. Almost got side swiped by another moron who couldn't think to look to his right before merging, and they all wanted to go 60 in a 45. And then on the other side of things, if they weren't going 60, they were going 30!

Keep in full mind, this was not just some singular isolated incident. This was like my whole 35 mile commute to work!

And of course, this all had to happen when I chose to drive the S2k.
Old 09-10-2009 | 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by sw05s2k,Sep 10 2009, 09:47 AM
That's odd, a friend of my dads has 2 Opel GT's doing the exact same thing on her property as well.
With their powers combined...

I won't get into details, but I need to vent about insurance issues with my recent accident. Because the other people won't claim responsibility, their company denied an initial claim, and are just now getting the paper work sent to them with *my* side of the story, including contact information to the witnesses. HOPEFULLY they will realize it's a no-brainer without taking it to court, because I really don't want my premiums to go up, even temporarily. Either way, it just sucks waiting in limbo with a limping car that I don't even feel comfortable taking on short errands. She's just been sitting for the past 2 weeks or so.
Old 10-01-2009 | 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When applying for jobs and you get their generic "we have moved on to other applicants" emails.

Seriously....give me a ****ing reason why my application is not good enough. 3rd god damn one, and its impossible to get a hold of their HR to ask.

Can you tell im having a hard time find a job for when i move?
Old 10-01-2009 | 12:54 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondo131,Oct 1 2009, 08:50 AM
When applying for jobs and you get their generic "we have moved on to other applicants" emails.

Seriously....give me a ****ing reason why my application is not good enough. 3rd god damn one, and its impossible to get a hold of their HR to ask.

Can you tell im having a hard time find a job for when i move?
I would just assume that they have other applicants that have more experience, more education, and/or willing to work for less money. It's certainly a tough job market out there. Keep at it! Good luck!
Old 10-01-2009 | 10:59 PM

F***ing migraines!! Urgh!!!
Old 10-03-2009 | 03:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trying for a month to get back together with an ex girlfriend. Then finally getting back together for her to break up with you a week later.
Old 10-03-2009 | 11:36 AM

I'm at work. I'm expecting to get a setup done in 1.5 hours. It takes me a little over 3 because the machine program listed on the routing was for a different part, and part numbers were different by one digit in the long sequence of numbers (it was a 6 rather than a 9) so I spent all my time setting up the wrong freaking program.
I do a quick search and find the right one and get it up and running, and find out that the time I spent trying to replace some dowel pins that someone hacked of the fixture didn't even apply to the job I was going to run.

I worked through my lunch period trying to get this job running so I could finish it out.

I was so fuming mad, I wanted to break something heavy.

Yeah, that's the short version. I already wrote the long version, but since it was so long, I deleted the whole thing and started over.
Old 10-07-2009 | 10:29 PM

I STILL DO NOT HAVE MY FREAKING DASH!!!! WHERE IS MY FREAKING DASH???!!!!!! IT"S STILL IN CALIFORNIA!!!! AND IT IS SUPPOSED TO SNOW ON SUNDAY/MONDAY!!!!!! I WAS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THIS THING MONTHS AGO!!!!!!! WHY IS IT NOT DONE YET????!!!!! AND THIS ALSO INCLUDES MY UPPER DOOR CARDS AND AIR BAG COVER AND FAKE GLOVE BOX COVER!!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll call AGAIN on Friday to get the word on it.
Old 10-08-2009 | 04:38 AM
Site Moderator
15 Year Member

Received 2,882 Likes on 2,089 Posts

^ I've always had good luck with GoTuning, but the custom stuff does take time. I understand your frustration and can empathize with you, but don't rush them, it'll be worth the wait.

FYI - It took 3 months to get my steering wheel, just be patient.

Quick Reply: Vent Thread