The Windy City - Off Topic A place to relax and unwind. Off topic section of the UMW.

Vent Thread

Old 08-31-2009 | 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i put a K&N filter element in my mom's accord for obvious reasons. i go to do a tune up on it this past weekend and found that there is now a crappy paper filter in it now.
i knew that she went to one of those quick lube place for an oil change. so i look at the recipt and it says they changed the filter.
anyone that had bought a K&N filter knows of the "STOP. reuseable filter" sticker. i put that sticker on the airbox lid. it's in plain fuking sight.
the aholes ignores it and replaces it with a damn paper filter! do those idiots not realize that you're supposed to CLEAN it and not throw it away!??
Old 08-31-2009 | 09:43 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jeggy,Aug 31 2009, 11:33 AM
i put a K&N filter element in my mom's accord for obvious reasons. i go to do a tune up on it this past weekend and found that there is now a crappy paper filter in it now.
i knew that she went to one of those quick lube place for an oil change. so i look at the recipt and it says they changed the filter.
anyone that had bought a K&N filter knows of the "STOP. reuseable filter" sticker. i put that sticker on the airbox lid. it's in plain fuking sight.
the aholes ignores it and replaces it with a damn paper filter! do those idiots not realize that you're supposed to CLEAN it and not throw it away!??
That's like all the horror stories that I've heard of shops trying to rotate the wheels on an S2000 after an oil change. Don't people realize that HEY! These wheels are not only DIRECTIONAL, They are DIFFERENT SIZES, AND you can't put a rear wheel on the front anyway due to the hub-centric feature, so it ain't gonna fit anyway. Then you try and argue with them and their eyes glaze over because they cant comprehend it.

You should go back to that place and tell the manager that they should cover the cost of a new K&N filter.
Old 09-02-2009 | 11:53 PM

Murphy's Law dictates that when it is nice out, traffic will move slow.
Murphy's Law also dictates that construction will clog whatever moving traffic to stopped traffic.
Murphy's Law will dictate that when traffic is moving again, the nicer the car you have, the more likely that you will be stuck behind a dump truck
Murphy's Law must also then dictate that said dump truck will be filled with gravel and be leaking said gravel all over the road.
Murphy's Law will also dictate that said gravel will find its way to the paint of your car, your windshield, and your polished wheels.
Might I also recap that Murphy's Law will dictate that cars that just had seats redone in nice material will indeed be crapped upon.
Oh yeah, and Murphy's Law must also dictate that after washing the car, hundreds of little worm thingies have to fall out of the tree and leave slime trails all over the freaking place on the paint.

. . . I hate Murphy's Law.
Old 09-03-2009 | 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mountain-man,Sep 3 2009, 02:53 AM
Murphy's Law dictates that when it is nice out, traffic will move slow.
Murphy's Law also dictates that construction will clog whatever moving traffic to stopped traffic.
These two JUST happened to me. Took the Targa off. And friggin bumper to bumper.
Old 09-03-2009 | 01:42 PM

Rebound poison ivy sucks just as bad, if not worse, than the first time.
Old 09-03-2009 | 02:57 PM
VAD

Our cheap house is really phukking expensive.
Old 09-04-2009 | 09:19 PM

I got rear ended tonight on my way to dinner, then afterwards, I walk back to my car to find a $250 ticket on the windshield for having tinted windows.

That's not a typo folks; $250 for tinted windows. Oh, and I need to have my rear bumper replaced.
Old 09-04-2009 | 11:22 PM

Wow, talk about a double whammy. That totally sucks dude. See if you can talk your way out of it, especially if they aren't too dark. If the cop gave you the ticket at night, "lighting conditions may have altered the perception of the tint grade".

. . I dunno . . . maybe that's a stupid argument.
Old 09-05-2009 | 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Chris S2K,Sep 4 2009, 11:19 PM
I got rear ended tonight on my way to dinner, then afterwards, I walk back to my car to find a $250 ticket on the windshield for having tinted windows.

That's not a typo folks; $250 for tinted windows. Oh, and I need to have my rear bumper replaced.
What's up with the tint law? Last I heard it had passed! How dark are your tints?
Old 09-05-2009 | 08:45 AM

I'm not exactly sure how dark they are, but this is the first car I've had with tints and when I first saw them, I thought to myself that they were pretty light, but obviously, they do appear darker at night.

Quick Reply: Vent Thread