The Windy City - Off Topic A place to relax and unwind. Off topic section of the UMW.

Vent Thread

Old 07-31-2009 | 07:13 AM

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

I hate it when people set appointments to record Podcasts and then give me the wrong phone number to get ahold of them and then don't answer their e-mails.

This is stupid.
Old 07-31-2009 | 07:46 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,166 Likes on 1,084 Posts

Sooo as a pharmacist, you should have a certain amount of knowledge, right? When someone drops off a prescription for two hardcore antibiotics, a pain killer and an anti-nauseant to be delivered to their home, chances are you know what that combo is going to do to the person. And when said person tells you, the pharmacist, that they just had their appendix out, presumably you'd assume they are in a certain amount of pain and are restricted physically. After the customer leaves, you discover the anti-nauseant isn't covered because it's an over the counter thing. Do you:
A) call the customer and advise them of this, including the cost of the med and proceed to have all 4 meds delivered? OR
B) call the customer and advise them of this, including the cost of the med and proceed to have all of the meds EXCEPT the anti-nauseant delivered?

If it was not big deal to go out and get the fucking anti-nauseant, I never would've asked to have the OTHER meds delivered. Seriously, it's a shame that requiring a higher education doesn't necessarily mean people have common fucking sense.
Old 07-31-2009 | 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooo..you had your appendix out???

Hehe...

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Old 07-31-2009 | 09:16 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'd have brought over your medication if it were convenient for me.

But it's not, so I didn't.

Feel better soon.
Old 07-31-2009 | 09:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People with higher-educations generally seem to have the LEAST amount of common sense, as they feel they do not require it. They are part of an elite group that feels everyone else aught to know for them. OR that everyone else should have to put up with the inconvenience of the things they impose, but never directly deal with themselves.

. . . I don't know if I worded that very well. I don't care. It's a vent. I'll think about it later. I'm tired.
Old 07-31-2009 | 10:02 AM
Member (Premium)

Received 1,166 Likes on 1,084 Posts

x3
Old 07-31-2009 | 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mountain-man,Jul 31 2009, 11:51 AM
People with higher-educations generally seem to have the LEAST amount of common sense, as they feel they do not require it. They are part of an elite group that feels everyone else aught to know for them. OR that everyone else should have to put up with the inconvenience of the things they impose, but never directly deal with themselves.

. . . I don't know if I worded that very well. I don't care. It's a vent. I'll think about it later. I'm tired.
I'm pickin' up what you're puttin' down, and I'd definitely agree.

"I went through X years of school, so I'm automatically smarter than you."

**** that! I hate the same attitude when adults AUTOMATICALLY think all kids have intelligence FAR below theirs, and cannot and will not accept when a kid knows as much / more than they do. I'm all for respecting elders, but I've ran into this a few times and it REALLY pissed me off.
Old 07-31-2009 | 11:25 PM

I'd also like to add that these same elitists like to drive Priuses for the sake of making sure other people see them driving Priuses when their other vehicle is a decked out Escalade. Then they think that all the rest of the world aught to drive Smart cars while they continue to drive their Escalade. They whine and complain about how we are not being "green" enough, and that we need more wind power. So when a wind farm is proposed, these same elitists will whine and complain that it ruins their view of the landscape. So another plot is proposed, and they whine and complain that it interferes with migratory birds. Yes, the turbines running at about 50 rpm will chop up the poor little birdies. Then the elitists complain that we need more wind power, and we aren't doing enough. Nuclear is by far the best option we have yet Chernobyl will keep the 1970s technology right there in it's place. These elitists who think with their heart and not with their head, yet always looking down at the "commoners" through their hair and crusty booger filled nostrils, and seem to think that we, the "commoners" need to have our hand held every time we go buy food, or cross the street, or flush the toilet!

Now I'm going to end this almost totally tactless and discombobulated rant with something a bit more lighthearted.[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIDpCT1tOqE [/media]
Old 08-01-2009 | 04:28 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

So, I'm guessing that Paul is NOT a Democrat.

Old 08-01-2009 | 06:05 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Perhaps some small vindication for a past "vent": https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...c=668798&st=75

Quick Reply: Vent Thread