The Windy City - Off Topic A place to relax and unwind. Off topic section of the UMW.

Vent Thread

Old 12-28-2011 | 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Something about a rivet in the main wiring harness. The Germans are going to have to build a new one and ship it...who knows...
Old 12-28-2011 | 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by jeggy
I had set aside $350 on the kitchen counter under a coaster for winter tires and now I can't find it!!!! Aaaahhhhh. No one has been in the house since I put it there except for my sister and all she did was sleep on the couch. Sonia said she never touched it. And she knew what the money was for so she had no reason to touch it. I don't recall ever picking it up to put somewhere else or anything! Aaahhh I need that money!!!!

found it! Whew.
Old 12-28-2011 | 06:49 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by manufan
Something about a rivet in the main wiring harness. The Germans are going to have to build a new one and ship it...who knows...
The Germans tend to replace parts rather then repair them. For example, a gasket blew in the transmission on my father's old X5, the BMW techs wanted to replace the whole trans. Very unnecessary and that's a major reason why German cars are so expensive to own. Good luck! I hope you get your car back soon!
Old 12-28-2011 | 08:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferrari812
Originally Posted by manufan' timestamp='1325113775' post='21269588
The Germans tend to replace parts rather then repair them. For example, a gasket blew in the transmission on my father's old X5, the BMW techs wanted to replace the whole trans. Very unnecessary and that's a major reason why German cars are so expensive to own. Good luck! I hope you get your car back soon!
'VE CANNOT ZIMPLY REPAIR 'ZE PARTZ!! 'VE MUSST REPLACE ALL 'ZE SINGZ!!!
Old 12-29-2011 | 05:19 AM

Originally Posted by jeggy
Originally Posted by jeggy' timestamp='1325110391' post='21269422
I had set aside $350 on the kitchen counter under a coaster for winter tires and now I can't find it!!!! Aaaahhhhh. No one has been in the house since I put it there except for my sister and all she did was sleep on the couch. Sonia said she never touched it. And she knew what the money was for so she had no reason to touch it. I don't recall ever picking it up to put somewhere else or anything! Aaahhh I need that money!!!!

found it! Whew.

Glad you found it!!!
Old 12-29-2011 | 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ferrari812
Originally Posted by manufan' timestamp='1325113775' post='21269588

At least it makes me feel like my car is special...
Old 12-30-2011 | 07:32 AM
Former Moderator

Received 5,250 Likes on 4,492 Posts

Going on week 3 w/no Porsche. Since I've gotten that car, I think it's been out of action for about 8 weeks w/all the problems. Today when they called to tell me it would be another week on this part, I kindly asked if Porsche Nashville was going to provide me with a loaner vehicle. I am disappointed that I even have to ask. They only offered one time. Once. That was the salesperson when I took delivery due to me noticing that there was a blemish in the paint from someone going overboard with a rotary buffer. The service dept., however, must think that I make bank & therefore will just take my helicopter into work instead. I told them that my justification for asking (like I should have to explain why?) is that I am leasing a car. I am paying for time that I am not able to use. I don't think it is fair that I should have to do without a car & yet keep making lease payments on it while it sits in their lot for weeks at a time over trivial shit.

I guess I have to be a 911 owner to get that kind of service.
Old 12-30-2011 | 08:35 AM

Old 12-30-2011 | 08:35 AM
Site Moderator
15 Year Member

Received 2,882 Likes on 2,089 Posts

That's a load of shit, if the warranty is covering the work, you should have a car. Period.

I'm surprised you're having as many issues as you are with the Boxster, I thought they were reliable. I would go above the service guy's head, there's no reason for you not having a loaner, you need to be more demanding to the dealer and stop being so nice, I'm a push over, but I'll only put up with so much.
Old 01-02-2012 | 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
That's a load of shit, if the warranty is covering the work, you should have a car. Period.

I'm surprised you're having as many issues as you are with the Boxster, I thought they were reliable. I would go above the service guy's head, there's no reason for you not having a loaner, you need to be more demanding to the dealer and stop being so nice, I'm a push over, but I'll only put up with so much.
This, there is a reasonable expectation on how you should be treated with instances such as this.

Go above their head or go in there and demand a loaner.

Everytime a family member took a car in for warranty work, a loaner was provided automatically, or if not, was provided after asking.

Quick Reply: Vent Thread