The Windy City - Off Topic A place to relax and unwind. Off topic section of the UMW.

Vent Thread

Old 09-16-2010 | 06:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haha Jeggy,

I sat next to the exact same type of person for about 6 months. He ate Popeyes 2-3 times a week. Dude spent more time in the bathroom than at his desk it seemed. He knew his job well, but his self-induced medical problems kept him away from his job more often than not.

I'm surprised your Glutton was able to mate, let alone twice.
Old 09-17-2010 | 06:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok seriously if your going to have sex and you live in an apartment/condo building, do it on your bed and make sure your bed doesn't hit the wall... WTF 3:30 in the AM getting woken up by banging on the ceiling (mind you its prob a foot thick concrete)? I live in a very nice building, brand new, I don't hear shit unless people bang on the walls or floors or are walking through the halls talking really loudly (but they can't really hear what is in the units because of air systems that are blowing the hallways), and I have yet to file an official complaint. But last night was not cool, I woke up ready to grab my knife thinking someone was trying to get into my unit, once I realized what it was I was just angry.
Old 09-17-2010 | 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Zgradis,Sep 17 2010, 08:34 AM
Ok seriously if your going to have sex and you live in an apartment/condo building, do it on your bed and make sure your bed doesn't hit the wall... WTF 3:30 in the AM getting woken up by banging on the ceiling (mind you its prob a foot thick concrete)? I live in a very nice building, brand new, I don't hear shit unless people bang on the walls or floors or are walking through the halls talking really loudly (but they can't really hear what is in the units because of air systems that are blowing the hallways), and I have yet to file an official complaint. But last night was not cool, I woke up ready to grab my knife thinking someone was trying to get into my unit, once I realized what it was I was just angry.
Funny that you mention that because it sounded like the couple upstairs from me were doing the exact same thing. Only it was a really creaky bed transmitting the sound through the floor/ceiling.
Old 09-17-2010 | 04:04 PM

...I was "that guy" a few months back to my roommate's girlfriend (staying in the next room, roommate was gone, so I didn't know she was there), as my bed is lofted, rickety, and just BARELY fits in my closet-of-a-bedroom with about a couple of inches of clearance on each side between the walls. It didn't help that the girl at the time was loud herself and kept banging on the wall...

...my roommates girlfriend apparently had to put on headphones and turn up some music...
Old 09-17-2010 | 04:53 PM
Site Moderator
15 Year Member

Received 2,882 Likes on 2,089 Posts

^ Shouldn't that be a "woot" and not a "vent"

Old 09-17-2010 | 05:34 PM

It was at the time, I just figured I'd mention it since the topic arose... If you REALLY want more detail, I posted the story in the "sluts" thread in the BL.

I think it happened before I posted up the woot thread... no need to post past woots.
Old 09-21-2010 | 05:34 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

We now have to leave a day late for DBR (Friday) because Breanne can only take Friday off because she is super busy performing her old job and training for her new position. (see related woot in the appropriate thread).
Old 09-22-2010 | 10:01 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by manufan,Sep 16 2010, 12:31 PM
AT&T.
Our AT&T sales rep is here. Uhhgh.

...I feel dirty just hearing her voice.
Old 09-22-2010 | 12:04 PM
Site Moderator
15 Year Member

Received 2,882 Likes on 2,089 Posts

AT&T called us today to tell us we could upgrade to iphone 4's for free. Strange.
Old 09-22-2010 | 01:11 PM

Out of nowhere my laptop decided to shut down and not turn back on, as if the battery were dead, but it had 40-some percent left! The thing has been giving me problems as-of-late, but I can't afford to replace it until I sell the MINI.

Quick Reply: Vent Thread