The Windy City - Off Topic A place to relax and unwind. Off topic section of the UMW.

Honda dealer you recommend ?

Old 11-10-2012 | 03:05 PM

Default Honda dealer you recommend ?

Hey guys, I was wondering which Honda dealership you guys have used and recommend for buying a car and service/body, and parts ? I just moved from California and I'm around the carol stream/Elk Grove area...

Also, I heard that car dealership out there sell cars that comes with some kind of under carriage protector to protect the cars under carriage against the salt, is that true ?

Thanks for any info.
Old 11-10-2012 | 08:35 PM

Welcome

I've heard good things about Valley Honda in Naperville, and we've got a local member who works at Honda of Lisle (although I had a bad experience there with a salesman treating me like crap).

Yeah, it's common for cars to be sold up here with an underbody coating to protect against salt.
Old 11-12-2012 | 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by K1ngfunK
Welcome />

I've heard good things about Valley Honda in Naperville, and we've got a local member who works at Honda of Lisle (although I had a bad experience there with a salesman treating me like crap).

Yeah, it's common for cars to be sold up here with an underbody coating to protect against salt.
Thanks for the info. Do you know if I can go get the underbody coating put on when I get there with my car ?
Old 11-12-2012 | 06:50 AM
Site Moderator
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by ap2_lumpy
Originally Posted by K1ngfunK' timestamp='1352612146' post='22143447
Welcome />/>

Thanks for the info. Do you know if I can go get the underbody coating put on when I get there with my car ?

Check to see if Ziebart is in your area - http://www.ziebart.com/

They offer it.
Old 11-16-2012 | 12:50 PM

i used to work at a honda dealer as a tech. the only time i have ever heard of this undercarriage protector is from salesmen and customers. as far as i know, every car sold in the US already has an underbody coating. if you run your hands along the lower portion of the rocker panels and near the jack points youll notice a ruberized coating over the bare metal. every car i have ever been underneath has this. i have never even seen any type of equipment to apply such protector in a dealership. there are aftermarket undercarriage paint sold in stores but never have i seen one offered by a dealer.
if youre paying extra undercarriage protector, you might as well pay extra for rubber soles on your gym shoes.
Old 11-18-2012 | 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Originally Posted by ap2_lumpy' timestamp='1352735182' post='22145281
[quote name='K1ngfunK' timestamp='1352612146' post='22143447']
Welcome />/>/>

Check to see if Ziebart is in your area - http://www.ziebart.com/

They offer it.
[/quote]

Ok thanks.

Originally Posted by jeggy
i used to work at a honda dealer as a tech. the only time i have ever heard of this undercarriage protector is from salesmen and customers. as far as i know, every car sold in the US already has an underbody coating. if you run your hands along the lower portion of the rocker panels and near the jack points youll notice a ruberized coating over the bare metal. every car i have ever been underneath has this. i have never even seen any type of equipment to apply such protector in a dealership. there are aftermarket undercarriage paint sold in stores but never have i seen one offered by a dealer.
if youre paying extra undercarriage protector, you might as well pay extra for rubber soles on your gym shoes.
Thanks for the infor. How was this dealership you worked at ? Would you recommend going there ?
Old 11-18-2012 | 10:52 AM

I use Honda in Lisle and Schaumburg honda. Pm for info.